my new amp is DOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new amp is DOA

it just came in today. i just got time to hook it up about an hour ago. i know all of my cables are good but when i turn the amp on there is no sound at all no hiss nothing. it powers up fine. it does have 1 tube in the preamp I am gonna replace it and see what happens. but i want to know what you guys think it might be.

Re: my new amp is DOA

M-I-M, what is the amp?
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

its a laney tf700 II. i just needed something that would get me by until i get the money for a good tube head
      Last edited by man-in-moon; 11-09-2005, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The volume control up?
        South Mississippi

Comment

Is the speaker plugged into the speaker output and are the wires attached to the speaker?
          Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

it turned out to be the tube. i tried some stuff jeff told me to then i changed the tube. now it works fine i blame ups.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that it's working. There's nothing worse than getting a new toy that you can't play with.
              Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                I'm glad to hear that it's working. There's nothing worse than getting a new toy that you can't play with.
                +1 real downer. ):
                Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
                Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Working...
                X