Mesa Bottle Rocket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Bottle Rocket?

What can anyone tell me about these things? Are they good? Do you use them to push your pre amp tubes are use it to replace your pre amp. Does it work like adding more tubes to your pre amp(gain structure) , or just like a distortion pedal to push your already existing pre tubes?

I've been curious about these, but never used them.

Obviously I don't know much here, so educate me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Sykes; 11-12-2005, 11:29 AM.
    Bridge pups: Full Shred-Custom-DD
    Neck pups: '59-Aph1-DD

Re: Mesa Bottle Rocket?

Originally posted by Sykes
    What can anyone tell me about these things? Are they good? Do you use them to push your pre amp tubes are use it to replace your pre amp. Does it work like adding more tubes to your pre amp(gain structure) , or just like a distortion pedal to push your already existing pre tubes?

I've been curious about these, but never used them.

Obviously I don't know much here, so educate me.

Thanks
    Well.....I've had one for a few years & happen to love it!

You can use it every way you've described above...I happen to use it as an OD pedal.

I use an EQ as a mid boost & then hit the Bottle Rocket to knock sh!t out!

The 1st order of business is to change the stock tubes...I run JJs...then, tweak tweak tweak. The knobs are fairly sensitive & a little goes a long way. Once you get it dialed in though, it's super sweet.

If you read some of the reviews on Harmony Central, you'll see that it's a 50/50 kinda pedal: some love it & some hate it.

As long as you change the tubes & don't dime every knob, you can get some great tones out of it

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
    X