Cool Valvetronics Setting: JTM 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Valvetronics Setting: JTM 45

I tweaked this setting last night. It's warm and throaty with just enough treble to balance it out. It's also super sensitive to pick attack, lighten up your attack and check out all of the subtle nuances of your guitar.

Strat, #4 pos, into low input, UK Blues(JTM 45), compressor(Drive 1 level 1), Gain 11, Vol maxed, Treb 2 , mid maxed, bass 12, presence maxed, MV maxed, Reverb (plate 11)

Add a nice od pedal to the mix, like my SD-1, and look out! It really responds well to minimal amount of boost. It really gets throaty yet retains the articulation. I've got my SD1 set at:

Level 11, Tone 1, Drive 9

Try it out.....
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Cool Valvetronics Setting: JTM 45

Cool setting, had to do some minor tweakage of the bass with my setup, and am using my son's brand new tonebone tri-mode to boost it. Maybe this is for a separate thread, but the tri-mode is a very,very cool piece of gear IHMO. I have a setting using the blackface model and the tri-mode that I'm really enjoying as well, heck I have lots of stuff set up on that amp that is killer to me.
    I'd love to hear what some of the other favorite settings are of our Valvetronix owners.

I do love this amp, but you guys have got me wanting to try the tube shootout too. Thanks a lot!!

Has anybody tried their VTH thru a 1x12 with good results? I have an old Bassman 2x12 but sometimes as a concession to age and lazyness I would love to just be hauling a 1x12. Thinking Earcandy, Mojotone or ????
    Wankologist
    Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

Comment

Give me about 5 more minutes and I will have a sample posted.....provided that the net cooperates! I hate dial up!!!!!!!
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

You know, I've been thinking about the idea of a 1x12 plus a 1x10 and 1x8. Better yet a single openback with all 3 with individual inputs. Hmm, new experiment. BTW, this amp setting sounds really good through my Polk Audio computer speakers.

Comment

Here you go....

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...402#post659402

Comment

I just tried this setting with my full set up(V30's 2x12 and Eminenece 2x12) This was the first time playing the new Trem assembly as well and all I can say is WOW. I did have to roll back the bass quite a bit since I dialed this in through the computer speakers.

Comment

I've been pushing this amp since I bought mine...Best $600 I've spent on any peice of gear! The amp has pretty great tones for what it is and it's a fun amp to play through(and with)..
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
              X