Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking

Can anyone tell me about this amp?

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

I've read some good reviews and looked up the specs, but I haven't heard it and there's no music stores near where I live. Can anyone tell me about it, because I'm looking for a new amp and an all-tube combo for under $400 seems like a good deal. Thanks!

G.I.
    Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
    Peavey Valve King 1x12
    Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Re: Peavey Valveking

Sorry, but another related question- if I were to purchase this amp, could I run it into my 8 ohm avatar 4x12 as the specs show it as 16 ohm?
    Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
    Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

KACs got one so he can probably give you a better review. I played on in music store last week and was impressed. It`s got gobs of gain and would be metal players dream. Typical for Peavey the gain was a little buzzy ,the clean sounded very nice . For the money you can`t beat it and it`s a small amp so it`s easy to lug around. I`m sure if you sawpped out the speaker and upgraded the tubes you`d have a nice little screamer on your hands.
      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Bump
        Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
        Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

Although I dont usually recommend it, go to harmony-central and do a search for it. They have some clips.

Nevermind, I got it: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ight=valveking
          Originally Posted by zippy
          It's about as stable as Charles Manson... if I breath on it, look at it, or picture it in my mind my guitar goes out of tune...

Comment

Awesome info as I've been looking at one of these myself.
            "Faster than a laser bullet
            Louder than an atom bomb"

Comment

green_insomniac - You seem to be in the same situation that I'm in. If you're interested, check out my thread, which I just kicked to page 1. It has some very useful recommendations.

I'm also giving this amp some serious thought.
              It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
              - David St. Hubbins

Comment

Popped me a squat in the local Music Shack across the street from my friend's skate shop to try out this very amp...plugged in the walnut brown 72 Telecaster Deluxe reissue (current top of my GAS list) and plugged her in...

Yeah for a li'l 50 watt combo it did everything i asked it to do. Wish they'd make a head.

-X
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Thanks for the info. The clips sound pretty alright if you ask me. And Empty Pockets... they do make a head now-

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Hell yeah... 100 watt all-tube head for under $500 dollars...

With free shipping and the "stairway to heavenly deals" promotion musician's friend is having, I might order the 50 watt combo in the next few days. I'll plug it into my avatar 4x12 and rock the house... after Christmas that is...
                  Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
                  Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

I played one at a local store this week. It sounded really nice...but at very low volumes. It did not have the low volume "bedroom metal" distortion like the trans-tube Peavy's...but that is a retarded point anyway. I'm positive this amp finds its satisfying voice at larger volumes!

One other point, the local dealer said it took them months to get this amp in stock (after I asked about a 2x12 VK). He mentioned it took Peavy about eight-nine months to get the one, 1x12 on display! This may/may not be an issue for you...or is Peavey sending the bulk of the amps to the big retailers first?

Comment

Yeah but no 50-watt head? C'mon now Peavey...

-X
                      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Thanks for all the input, guys. I think I'm going to order the 50 watt 1x12 tomorrow and take advantage of the deal musician's friend has. I'll let you guys know Christmas day- or late Christmas night depending on how long I play it- how I like it. Thanks again! Peace.
                        Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
                        Peavey Valve King 1x12

Comment

Whoa, How'd I miss this thread. I think you're gonna love that 50W 1X12 combo!
                          I love mine, although I run it as a head powering my Mesa/Boogie 2X12..

Great amp ~ Rock ON
                          ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                          2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                          Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Working...
                          X