Boss GT-8 Ye or NaY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-8 Ye or NaY?

Just curious for those of you who bit the balsewood and made the $450 car payment, or for that matter have played with it, what do you think? Worth the cash? Good tone? Still use it?
    www.soundclick.com/experience
    Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
    Yamaha EG 112C My 100$ GEMMarshall MS-2 Mini AmpVox V847 WahWah Pedal

Re: Boss GT-8 Ye or NaY?

I've got one, but can only compare it to its predecessors, although I've also briefly tested a Tonelab SE. I've owned a GT-3 and a GT-6, and compared to those, it really is much better and more versatile. People tend to think it's just a GT-6 on steroids, but it has a much more defined and responsive tone, is far more dynamic and just sounds more...well, refined, I guess. If you want a really good review, you should check out this article on thestompbox.net. It digs pretty deep and tells you almost everything there is to know.
    Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
    Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Re: Boss GT-8 Ye or NaY?

Definatley worth the cash. I was actually in the market for a boutique amp, but purchased this for recording purposes. It sounds so good and has so much sounds in it, that I bought a Mesa power amp and use it as my live rig now.

I still want a boutique amp down the line, but for now, the GT-8 is so much fun and sounds so good that the new amp will have to wait a while.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
      X