X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More prototype tests

A more vintage Marshall'esque drive.
    Should have used a SG for this one
    But everyone knows that there is a long way to the top...probally get shot down in flames here...oh enough...clip for your enjoyment.
    Niels

Re: More prototype tests

Sounds similar to the Plexi-tone to me Rid? maybe a little less fuzz on top or more compressed?

Regardless it sounds friggin great...very Brian Robertson sounding... how loud did ya have this one up?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Ah nah not really, uses some very different parts at some key points.
      Guess that the amp here at home don't do it justice...damm I gotta clock in some studiotime soon.

Comment

Now what are ya buildin'?

Sounds like the PlexiTone on steroids.

Comment

Hehe well no pre resistors for this one, the clipping stage is shunted directly to the ground here, hence the more compressed sound, but I also use FET's on this one, a different OP-amp, different input filtering from a normal plexi, the tone stack is also different, I am after a more AC/DC like sound.
          Tommorow I'll tinker some more with it, throwing it at the big Hiwatt to see if it is any good for real

Comment

very crunchy, but it retains clarity - that's pretty tricky
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Thanks Curly.
              I have refined it some more by now, gotten alittle more wooddy and reduced the compression some, and it seems like that the clarity stayed

Comment

Working...
              X