Great pawn shop deals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great pawn shop deals!

I know you guys have found great deals in pawn shops! Buddy of mine just snagged a Maxon made Ibanez TS9 for $15

and I bought a Blonde Blues Jr. for $220 last year...

any of you guys snagged great deals?
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: Great pawn shop deals!

More than I can remember. I hate to sound like an old fart, but I'm going to do it anyway. Now, most of them know what they've got. Once upon a time, you could go into a pawn shop and find all kinds of great stuff because they had no idea what they had. Now, it's tougher because they have so many resources at their disposal to determine the actual market value on each individual piece. That doesn't stop me from looking, but it has made the unbelievable find more of a rare occurrence.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

I search out pawn shops... I keep my eyes open and have bought lots of gear from stores who have no idea what it is they are selling.....

Comment

I missed a $350 early silverface Deluxe Reverb...not a HUGE deal, but a good one none-the-less! The amp was behind the counter, and the guy who bought it had come in earlier that day to buy it, and was coming to get it later....made me sad
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Like Hamerplyr said, they're starting to know the market value of everything, and for some stupid reason, they try to charge the NEW price.
          However, I've picked up a Marshall 2205 50W head for $375, an 80's boutique Marshall, a Risson head for $260, and a pedal or two for less than $40.
          The coolest score was made a month ago at of all places, a Goodwill Store!!!
          I got this 1986 Marshall Master Lead 30 for a measly $25. It's SS, but sounds just like a JCM 800 at bedroom levels.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I check a fair bit, I dont ever seem to find anything thats great deal, sometimes stuffs a bit cheaper then it should be, but not so cheap it makes me want to buy it
            Originally posted by BeanDip
            No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
            Belman double cutaway Grand
            Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

I got my Ric bass for $300 and my '65 Duo Sonic for $100.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've checked a few out around here. Like Rob said, they're catching on. Not many good deals as there used to be. Back in '98 or so, one near where I was living had a 50 Watt Marshall Plexi for next to nothing on the shelf. Can't remember the price, all I remember is it was well under what it was worth.

GJ, go ahead rub that Marshall in the wounds a little more....LOL.

Comment

The best one I have ever got was at a yard sale. My wife bought an old beat up guitar for 15$. It turned out to be a Harmony H44 from 1956. It needed a new pickguard and some wiring. It is now my main slide guitar. I love the tone I get for slide with it.
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Bought an Ibanez SR800L voor 95 euros today.
                    Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                    Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Pawn shops around here charge outragious prices. $300 for a beat up Squier Strat. I got a good deal on a Boss GE-7, one of the music stores had just changed hands and the new owner was new to guitar stuff, the Boss was marked used with no box or manual, but didn't have a scrach on it and the battery still had the cover on it, I paid $40.

Comment

Speaking of bad deals, there's a small shop near my brother-in-law's and he has/had a MIM Tele USED priced HIGHER than you can get them for brand new. It was like $429, and it was used, with a few dings and scratches. No way in hell I'd pay that. Some sucker will though, and that's the sad part.

Comment

It should be more expensive! It's been relic'd. Hehe
                          Todd Richards
                          Revolution Guitar

Comment

Working...
                          X