Vacuum Tube Valley L.A. Expo! Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Tube Valley L.A. Expo! Pics!

I spent my whole Saturday at the Vacuum Tube Valley LA Expo near Pasadena, California. Much of it was audiophile amp/reciever/speaker dealers setup in hotel rooms. The main section was tube dealers like Antique Music Supply, a few amp and guitar dealers like the amazing 65 Amps, G&L Guitars, and my favorite booth in the whole show....Antique Arcade, which was a collection of radio mics, vintage phones, and an original Thomas Edison Phonograph, which the owner demoed for me. It was amazing to go from that early piece, and walk a few steps to a rack of hi-tech Analog Synth Modules!

Here's the advertisement for the expo, which I learned about on this forum, Friday. http://www.vacuumtube.com/vtv%20news.htm

Here's my pics, which is far from everything, but were the highlights that interested me the most. I'll supply you with links to anything of interest that you see. Click on them to enlarge them!!! http://photobucket.com/albums/y247/G...A%20Expo/?sc=5
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-20-2005, 12:56 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Vacuum Tube Valley L.A. Expo! Pics!

Very cool. I wish that I could have been there, in all of my worst and dumbest glory...lol

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you get to hear the 65 amps?
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
      Very cool. I wish that I could have been there, in all of my worst and dumbest glory...lol

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you get to hear the 65 amps?
      That's worst and dimmest!

Yeah, I got to stand in the 65 Amps booth with Pete Stroud (Cheryl Crow), and owner Dan Boul, and played a strat and LP while people were filing in and out, for about an hour. I was getting carried away, since I love that amp. It's like a 2 EL-84 amp that's like a plexi/vox AC-15 all in one. It's like having those 2 amps with tube tremolo, only it doesn't blow the roof off the place.... perfect stage volume. They aren't cheap, but they don't suck!

Comment

Bump for all my picture loading hassle! LOL

Comment

Hey, glad you made it to the expo. Looks like I missed a good time.

Comment

It was alright. It was mostly audiophile speaker type stuff, but I ended up buying a JJ ECC803S preamp tube for $13 and an LA Amp Show T-Shirt for $5.
            Plus, I got to meet Peter Stroud from Cheryl Crow, and jam on his 65 Amps halfstack for an hour! The funnest part was learning a lot about vintage microphones, phonographs, and synth modules. Fun for a gearhead, but utter torture for my girlfriend!!!! hahaha

Comment

sounds like fun . let us know how the new JJ sounds . i just scored some NOS mullars and seimens tubes for my PARK and MARSHALL
              Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Working...
              X