banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-52 combos...Experiences/Likes/Dislikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 combos...Experiences/Likes/Dislikes?

I tried a 100 watt B-52 combo for $799 at GC yesterday. NICE! Personally, it was the only combo I could sit at, and find a great tone almost instantly!

They had only the 100 2x12 watt unit. B-52 also makes a 60 watt 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's. The sixty watter is plenty of power for me, and costs a little less. As far as the tone, I like Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, DOWN, Alice in Chains, Soungarden, High on Fire. I prefer that my next amp to have large transformers instead of extra microchips. The open back does not bother me, as the largest room I will ever play in is an empty two car garage. I have been there, and done "the kid with the half-stack" thing. Also, since this is a So-Cal company, if the unit is in need of service, I can just drive the amp to their doorstep.

Any input is appreciated!

ST series 60 watt combo:
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

AT seies 100 watt combo:
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

B-52 Amp Co:

Re: B-52 combos...Experiences/Likes/Dislikes?

B-52 makes a pretty good amp for the money..I had an AT-100 head for a little while before I sold it to my other guitar player (along with my gflex 2x12) in order to fund my Splawn Quick Rod and 4x12 cab =)

I think you'll have a hard time beating them for the price
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

For the nuclear mission, lone-wolf is best.

But for conventional high-density bombing, the 3-ship cell as a basic unit for a larger formation, with the cells at different altitudes to confuse the SAM operators on the ground, is the best tactic.
      Generic signature line.

Comment

(Hey somebody had to do it...)
        Generic signature line.

Comment

Working...
        X