Expression-pedal style effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expression-pedal style effects

What else is out there other than the wah? I'm talking about effects from pretty simple (Tychobrahe Parapedal?/Chicago Iron Parachute?) to wacked out... Think about a Dlx Electic Mistress in "Filter Matrix" mode, but with an expression pedal controlling the resonance point. How about any LFO controlled pedal with the LFO disconnected and a sweeping expression pedal generating the sound? What about a ring modulator with the tone controlled by the expression pedal? Even things like the Univibe and Rotovibe with footcontrolled speed are cool. What are some other possibilities?

I think I need to check out Snarling Dogs on ebay.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Expression-pedal style effects

Modulation style effects (phase, flange, etc...) are freaking SWEET controlled via pedal.

Also, let's not forget the Whammy... there is way too much fun in that little red box
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

+1 to the whammy! Octave bends? You got it. Crazy harmonies? Easy. Dive bomb without the whammy bar? Sure thing. Hours of fun? Oh yes!
      "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ooh, I forgot the Whammy. Good call. Also, was there a pedal similar to the Parachute that is meant to simulate reverse guitar? A volume swell at the beginning of the sweep, then some other crazyness?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
          +1 to the whammy! Octave bends? You got it. Crazy harmonies? Easy. Dive bomb without the whammy bar? Sure thing. Hours of fun? Oh yes!
          How about the setting where you get the dry signal, plus one that'll shift from an octave below to an octave up?

I'd really like to get a pedal controlled phaser that had the "step" phasing.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Also, Digitech made a pedal awhile back called the Space Station. It was a processor, that did a bunch of modulation stuff, all controlled with a pedal. That thing was NEAT!

Comment

Hmm George Dennis makes a few I think.

Comment

Zakk uses a rotavibe or something. Like a rotary speaker effect or something.

Comment

The ring mod on the Boss ME50 is spectacular. Really has the 3D synth thing down. The pedal control gets downright freaky with it.
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I looked at George Dennis' pedals, and most are just volume control, cool, but I'm looking for some crazy sounds...

The Rotovibe is just a speed controlled phase/Univibe pedal. I can get a speed control for my Vibe.

I'm sensing a whole in the guitar market here...

The Snarling Dogs Ring Mod and Erogenous Moan sound pretty cool. Under $100 on ebay too and that's always nce for something you can't return and haven't heard!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think i saw it in musicians friend, MXR made the 'variphase'. It was a phase 90 in what looked like an orange wah housing, you get to control the speed with the expression pedal. I thought that looked pretty cool.
                      Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
                      Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
                      Vox Time Machine Delay
                      Boss Noise Supressor

Comment

Working...
                      X