No More Batteries!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Batteries!!!

I got all the cables from VooDoo Labs yesterday so I just hooked up all the pedals I plan to put on my board when it gets done. I was able to power both ACA and PSA Boss pedals, Seymour Duncan pedals, my Vox wah, Pro Co Rats, both vintage and reissue Electro Harmonix Pedals, my Lovetone Brown Source, my Expandora, and more with no problems at all and best of all ZERO NOISE!!!

I can recommend the VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ 100%...they are not cheap but as far as Im concerened worth every penny.

Thanks to Gearjoneser the suggestion!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: No More Batteries!!!

My new motto 'They aren't cheap, but they don't suck!'

The two things on a pedalboard that eliminate almost any headaches are the Voodoo PPII and my pedalboard.com dual loop box, to bring in pedals on the back of the board, using buttons up front.......also removing tone-suckers from the main signal path. It's the only way to make a big pedalboard as silent and easy to use as a simple small board.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I've been using a Dunlop Juice setup(Not sure if around anymore)great and works like you say the Voodoo Labs unit does...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I don't use a whole lot of pedals. Mainly a Chorus, Delay, OD, Wah and tuner. I have this all powered with a Visual sound one spot. $25.00 and it works great. I use George L cables to connect everything!
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

John: Dunlop still makes the Juice set up but they won't power ACA style Boss pedals and my SD-1, OC-2, and CE-2 are all MIJ and have the ACA power set up so I had to go for the PPII+. One other thing I really liked about the VooDoo Labs is that 2 of the outputs have a "sag" control that lowers the voltage to get a slightly dead battery thing going on with a fuzztone or distortion pedal (I like this a lot!).

dave...my new board has 10 pedals on it so the VS 1 Spot was out...but I do use all George L's...I use George L's for EVERYTHING...I love them!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Need Pics!!
            "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO GUITAR STEWIE
              Need Pics!!
              My actual board is not here yet...I ordered it from NYC Pedal Boards and it should be here soon...as soon as i get it all together and wored up I will post some pics

Comment

Christian, Do you have the original Expandora or the Expandora II? I had the original years ago. it was a great sounding pedal, But it was super noisy? Even with guitar vol. knob off you could still hear a whisssssh sound coming from the unit? The guy I was jamming with had the same problem with his. When I saw they came out with the Expandora II I was wondering if they fixed the S/N ratio problem?
                http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I picked on up recently as well, and definitely worth every penny.
                  PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
                  PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
                  GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
                  Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
                  Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
                  various pedals

Comment

Ken,

My Expandora is an original...it is a bit noisey but nothing too bad...I like it alot so far. It reminds me quite a bit of my RAT but w/o the fuzz part of the Rats's tone and it also more "solid" sounding with buckers.

Comment

Working...
                    X