banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp repair shops? (and dual amp question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp repair shops? (and dual amp question)

All,

I have a 1972 Fender Twin Reverb amp, but it's got some minor issues, and I was wondering if anyone knows of some amplifier repair shops that will do repairs via mail. Problems I'm having:

1) Hissing/popping periodically, with a noticeable drop in output.
    2) Channel #2 on clean or vibrato doesn't work.
    3) Speaker cover falls out (needs a velcro job probably).
    4) Not as loud as '69 reissue Fender Twin Reverbs I've played (those at vol 3 are screaming, mine at 5 is just starting to scream; granted, my opinion is that overdrive should start at volume 7, and I don't want to run that high anyways).

Tubes are new.
    I love the tone of this amp, but sadly I'm faced with the dilemna of what to do to get it working better, as I'm deployed to (S) Korea. Sad day, as I absolutely love the sounds I get out of this thing.

By the way, I was thinking about either replacing this amp with dual 12" tube amps, or getting dual tube amps anyways. I'm thinking the Fender Hot Rod, single 12" 40W, but running two, since my Boss ME50 has dual outputs and stereo chous abilities. I'm thinking running two lines into one Twin Reverb amp isn't going to do that justice, or am I wrong? Thanks all!
    My Music Page
    Originally posted by vinterland
    I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
    Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project
Working...
X