What's the deal with JCM 800's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the deal with JCM 800's?

yeah, I had a 1971 Marshall JMP Super Bass...maybe I should have held onto it, but it was beat up, tolex gone, refinished the wood with a clear coat.....beat to hell..but great sounding but was way too much power for my purposes
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB

BTW...TGB..

no pics?

you sick or suttin?
      As a matter of fact I've been home from work for the past 2 daze with a nasty cold.
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

When it comes to JCM 800 combos my tech tells me to stay away from some of them.... all i remember is him saying if i find any with a single imput leave it be and look somewhere else.... I wonder what the issue was with the 800 combos he was talking about....

Comment

I've had quite a few Marshalls over the years, and while I really love some models, I've never been happier than the day I bought a Bogner Ecstasy. That amp laughs at Marshalls! LOL As a matter of fact, if I were Jim Marshall, I would have bought Bogner and made Reinhold a VP.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Basically they are popular as an alternative to the recto thing and because they sound better than the 900 and DSl/TSL series.

I personally find them a bit generic sounding, especially at higher preamp gain levels.

I prefer the 'woodier' sound of older marshalls.
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Over the past few years Marshall saw their own market growing in terms of price. They have raised their list prices as much as 40% over just 3 - 4 years and moved in on the boutique business. People saw this and decided that if a reissue JCM800, for example, goes for $2k in the stores, the real thing should be worth at least 900-1200. Go figure!

I am screwed as well. I shoulda stocked up before. DAMN!
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
              X