Traynor YBA-1: Poor Man's Plexi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YBA-1: Poor Man's Plexi?

I've been hearing great things about this amp, with some folks saying you can get in the Plexi neighborhood with one. Anyone have or heard one? How do you think an SG Standard loaded with '59's would sound through one?
    --------------------------------
    Gibson '57 Historic Les Paul
    Traynor Blue YCV50
    Peavey Classic 20 (FOR SALE)

"Say hello to my lil' friend!!!!!!!!"

Re: Traynor YBA-1: Poor Man's Plexi?

With a few simple tweaks absolutely. The Hammond transformers will give it a slightly different voice, but once dialed in these amps are spectacular. A 59 loaded SG should make for a great rock sound with that amp.
    ]
    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I've heard amazing things about these amps. I was orginally looking for the Traynor Blue, but a few people have recommended focusing on this one instead.
      Traynor Blue YCV50

Comment

i've got one myself, well...it's not in my grubby little paws yet, but soon..it's having a once over and i've got to get a 2x12" cab for it...but man I can't wait to plug my 59 loaded Les Paul in and rock out with my rocks out
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
          i've got one myself, well...it's not in my grubby little paws yet, but soon..it's having a once over and i've got to get a 2x12" cab for it...but man I can't wait to plug my 59 loaded Les Paul in and rock out with my rocks out
          That sounds awesome. Make sure to post some clips!
          Traynor Blue YCV50

Comment

oh yeah....hopefully if I ever get some time from school I'm gonna get back to writing material for my first album and get around to recording it! get ready for some roots rockin goodness
            Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 11-21-2005, 08:11 PM.
            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Are they still making this model? I don't see it on their website.
              Hey CapoFirstFret. Ever make it up to mempis?
              Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
              Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
              Amp- Fender
              Originally posted by Skullkrusher
              After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

I have played many PLexis. YES IT IS A POOR MAN's PLEXI. And you can mod the sh*t out of one!

Remember the 2xEl34 models run as much as 80 watts, so they have massive transformers and high plate volts. TONE TONE TONE for CHEAAAPPPPP! They take pedals well too and they are loud!

THEY DO NOT break up like a plexi, but with the right pedals and equipment you can fake it damn well! Price is CHEAP!
                1973 Les Paul Standard
                1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
                X