banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running 2 Ts9's or a Ts9 and a compressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running 2 Ts9's or a Ts9 and a compressor?

what is the advantage of running two TS9's at the same time like SRV, with each at low gain? Is it mostly for compresssion?
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: running 2 Ts9's or a Ts9 and a compressor?

A tubescreamer is compressed enough as is...in fact, IMO, they are too compressed but in answer to your question, Stevie used one for grit/crunch and the other for a boost with very little gain...just a volume boost
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I use to run a TS-5 with my TS-9 into my old Twin. The TS-5 was set for gain The TS-9 for boost. With both on I got a real thick tone. SRV used a TS-808 for boost only according to Warren Haynes. .
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

If you want compression and Tubescreamer-like grind, check out the Visual Sound Route 66. It's a pretty cool pedal for anything from blues to hard rock.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
          I use to run a TS-5 with my TS-9 into my old Twin. The TS-5 was set for gain The TS-9 for boost. With both on I got a real thick tone. SRV used a TS-808 for boost only according to Warren Haynes. .
          +1

Usually in that type of setup, one is use for gain, and one is used to boost the signal. The effect will end up giving you a crap load of sustain.
          Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
          VHT 2502
          (2) Randal XLT 4X12
          (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
          Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
          Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
          http://www.robertkeeley.com
          Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
          Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

Working...
          X