marshal ms 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshal ms 4

Anybody tried this amp out? My Buddy is in London, and wanted to know how more abouth the amp he tried it out and liked it, but the Q is should he. He plays the same stuff like me. Blues hard rock soft rock and churuch stuff.Pls your opinons would help also how are Earthfire guitars?
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Re: marshal ms 4

Do you mean the mode four?

If so, I think it gets a bad rap. It's no PLexi, but it's a decent versatile amp..just wayyyyy overpriced.

I played it through the M4 cabs, and didn't care for it...too...err...recto...scoopy...modern....I then had the sales guy hook it up to a reg Marshall cab with sonme other kind of celstions (V30s? not sure)...it def sounded better. I was able to get some nice tones out of it.

It's FREAKIN LOUD TOO..like any good marshall

Still for what they charge, much better options...at least here in the states...on the other side of the pond, the price is prolly not too bad.

Heres a Marshall Demo video...about half way to 2/3 through, they demo the M4..both the scoopy downtuned crap as well as more classic Marshall tones..Marshall Demo w/ Chris Goerge
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I meant this one
      sigpic
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn

OK.

Well... those are $50 amps.

I haven't played on in years, but I'd rather play unplugged or through a 10 watt MG. They aren't meant for anything but practice/goofing.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Man, talk about going 180 degrees. We go from massive power to teeny tiny little 1/2 - 1 watt. Too funny.

Seriously though, those little MS amps are fun to play with but you don't wanna gig with it. It would probably look OK next to an 18" Stonehenge though.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
            It would probably look OK next to an 18" Stonehenge though.
            I just spit my soda all over my friggin computer you jerk!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              I just spit my soda all over my friggin computer you jerk!

Sorry, bro.

Comment

Sorry, bro.
                Ok OK I get the Pic
                Thanks Guys

any opnion abouth "Behringer AM100" acousctic modeler

sigpic
                JFG Flying V,

Comment

Man, talk about going 180 degrees. We go from massive power to teeny tiny little 1/2 - 1 watt. Too funny.

Seriously though, those little MS amps are fun to play with but you don't wanna gig with it. It would probably look OK next to an 18" Stonehenge though.
                  I have one, and have to agree on all points... and if you ever pull that 18" stonehenge prank again when I´m drinking beer.....
                  Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn
                    Ok OK I get the Pic
                    Thanks Guys

any opnion abouth "Behringer AM100" acousctic modeler

http://www.behringer.com/AM100/index.cfm?lang=ENG
                    I have one and it sounds ok, but it hisses a LOT, you cant hear it when you play, but im not terribly impressed. I think you should save up for the Boss.
                    www.lastchancerock.com

Comment

Thanks Zerberus, I am just chating with my bud on Yahoo. well we just wanted it for fooling around actualy sometime it get diff to Jam up up late in the night with the normal amps
                      sigpic
                      JFG Flying V,

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                        I have one, and have to agree on all points... and if you ever pull that 18" stonehenge prank again when I´m drinking beer.....
                        Jeff with Coke and you wit Beer... I knew a few folks would get a good laugh.

I actually built a little 1/2-1 watt amp and have it housed in a Fossil watch tin. It has gain control, volume, and a master volume. Sounds really good to me. It even pushes my 4x12.

Comment

Working...
                        X