Fulltone OCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone OCD

I've heard some good things about this pedal but what types of tones does it give off? Anyone have any personal experiences with it?
    Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
    Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
    Vox Time Machine Delay
    Boss Noise Supressor

Re: Fulltone OCD

I've had mine since the first week they shipped out. I personally love it. I mainly use it for bluesy, low-medium gain stuff, but it's got a good amount of gain in it, especially using the HP setting. It seems to be a pedal that either works very well with your amp or not so well. Some people find it to be fizzy, but that's not my experience. I love the OCD and it's been on my board since I got it. Not likely to come off anytime soon.
    Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
    www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

I listend to a few of the managers at the GC near me try on of these out through one of those new low-wattage, hand wired Marshall half-stack. It has a vintage type of distortion, sort of like an old cranked up tweed amp, but sweeter sounding. Awsome sounding pedal with suprisingly a lot of gain on tap, but not too much. Great for awsome blues tone and rockin' classic rock tones, not really a high gain beast, though.
      CURRENT RIG:

2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
      2012 Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue (Mojotone '72 Clone WRHB set)
      2017 Balaguer Scumden (SD PG set)
      2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (GFS Surf 90s)

Jet City JCA50H
      Avatar Signature 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks
      lots 'o pedals

Comment

its' awsesome, no 808 vibe hear, it 's just an a$$ kicking overdrive pedal, very transparent, even with the gain maxed you still get plenty of note seperation - between this pedal and my Xotic BB preamp I have every overdrive tone I could want. I picked mine up used on the gear page for $140.00 - there's always a few guys selling them.

Comment

Comment

I had two when they first came out and sold both of them.

BIG scoop in the mids. Very Marshally, but real scooped. Too much tonal altering for my taste.

Mike Fuller makes amazing pedals though, and the quality is top notch. Just not my cup of tea.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
            buggjuice.net
            MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for posting that reveiw B2D, it was really helpfull. Looks like its capable of doing what i need. Im not looking for a high gain beast, just a smooth mid gain overdrive. Im looking for a Thin Lizzy-ish tone. I can get kinda close using my H+K/blues driver combo but i would like something a little sweeter sounding.
              Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
              Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
              Vox Time Machine Delay
              Boss Noise Supressor

Comment

The OCD was designed with OLD fenders and Marshalls in mind. It really goes with the color of the amp it is put thru. It doesn't work thru every amp.

Put it thru a mesa it is buzzy. Put it thru a Marshall it is cream.

I think the interesting part is that it cleans up well with volume controls.
                1973 Les Paul Standard
                1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
                X