No announcement yet.

VHT Deliverance! (amp hunt in England)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VHT Deliverance! (amp hunt in England)

I think i REALLY need to try one of the Deliverance heads.... or does anyone know if VHT makes a rack version (should it strike my fancy)?

Though Iīm kinda waiting on Jeffīs new amp as well....

What can I say, if itīs not a Monster, I donīt need it... already got a piddly head
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Tone?
      Which shop did you try these all out in?
      Ernie Ball Axis Sport (SD EVH 78/ Alnico 2 Pro)
      Ernie Ball Silhouette Special
      Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Dimarzio Air Zone/ SD 59)
      Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday neck and bridge)
      Fender American Series Telecaster
      Marshall Jubilee 2554 combo
      Marshall JMP Master Volume Combo
      Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20

Comment

SohoSoundhouse

its near Denmark Street. i think it is also called Turnkey or something like that.

the guy that showed me around in there was a guy called Caleb. really nice kid that was super helpful. if you go there tell him i said hi and thanks again from me ( the guy from Greece that was playing Halen) cause i kinda bust his balls cause i came in twice to play the amps.

if you want the Marshall cause it probably still is up for sale, go to Charlie Chandler. Real nice guy again in Hampton Wick, you can get there from the over ground rail from Waterloo. nice quality JMP 78 100 watt for 500 pounds! great price if you ask me. great amp too, just needs to be cranked way loud! not well applicable for my needs.

the guys in Sohosoundhouse were great though. and i would have bought that VHT from them. i mean how often does a wife tell you to buy a 1000pound toy??!! but warranties are weird and not really applicable in different countries from those that you bought the amp from.

plus people here in Greece are weird ( for lack of better curses which i cant say here) if i bought the amp elswhere they wouldnt help me with support if something happened to the amp.

The crap thing is that now that i know what i want i have to wait cause the boneheads here for the Crate say they are gonna bring the amps at the end of the month ( now what idiots bring in new merchandise AFTER xmas??!)

and the VHT still isnt in here at the local dealer.

AND I AM DYING FOR AN AMP!!!

seriously though ZAK try out the Crate ( the 120 watt one with digital fx the GTX212, cause it makes a big difference) and tell me what you thought of it cause i think it is a killer amp for SS. blows away lots of tube amps in my book.
        Ibanez Roadstar II
        EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
        VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Hey Tone?
          I know Turnkey(soho soundhouse) and Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience very well indeed.( i think i put his shop down on my recommended list when you asked about UK shops a couple of weeks ago) I work about 5 mins walk from Turnkey, and have spent a fair bit of money there over the years.
          I have always used Charlie Chandler whenever I have had any guitar repairs/ mods that needed doing, as his shop is very close to where I used to live. Funnily enough, it is because of him that I now own my marshall jmp master volume amp. I bumped into him in a UK guitar show a couple of years back and asked for advice about what to get, and he recommended i look out for one of those. His shop has some quality gear, but isnt very big so its quite hard to try out stuff in there. But i would highly recommend him to anyone in the UK who needs work done on a guitar.
          I agree about what you said the marshall needing to be cranked. I hope you manage to get the amp soon. I will definitely try one of those out next time i go into Turnkey, and will say hello to Caleb for you.
          Although its useful being 5 mins walk from denmark street/turnkey, its also a curse, as i end up spending way more than i should do on guitar stuff.

Comment

Oh yeah, thanks Zak, i forgot that you gave me that recommended list.

actaully i might have probably bought that old Marshall and resold it here in Greece and maybe made a few bucks. but the market here is weird and i might have just been stuck with it for a while.
            really good price though for the condition of the amp.

Next time i come to England maybe we can meet up and go guitar and amp looking, have a beer or two.

thanks for all your help again.
            Ibanez Roadstar II
            EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
            VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

No problem, and do let me know next time you are in London.

Comment

Working...
              X