X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 21 Trademark 60 vs Roland Cube 60

hi, which is the best amp of these two?

i want tone and flexibility.

Which one has the best "Metal" sound too? I play a lot of thrash, death metal type stuff. I am no good at it of course, i am still a beginner but still....i need my amp to be able to do metal.

thanks
    Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
    Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
    Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Re: Tech 21 Trademark 60 vs Roland Cube 60

I have a TM60 and a Cube 30, but I haven't heard a Cube 60.

For Classic Rock I much prefer the TM60. It sounds and feels a lot like a tube amp. The Cube sounds sterile and harsh by comparison.

The Cube however seems to have more gain on tap. The TM60 has a Metallica sample setting that sounds pretty good to me, but you probably should try them both out to be sure.

My gut feeling is the TM60 is a real amp that I'm happy to gig and record with, while the Cube is essentially a loud practice amp.

How do you like the second half of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
      I have a TM60 and a Cube 30, but I haven't heard a Cube 60.

For Classic Rock I much prefer the TM60. It sounds and feels a lot like a tube amp. The Cube sounds sterile and harsh by comparison.

The Cube however seems to have more gain on tap. The TM60 has a Metallica sample setting that sounds pretty good to me, but you probably should try them both out to be sure.

My gut feeling is the TM60 is a real amp that I'm happy to gig and record with, while the Cube is essentially a loud practice amp.

How do you like the second half of this?
      yeah i have been listening to that clip quite a bit, even before you gave me the link, i actually really like the distorted tone though the gain isn't too high. I'd rather have tone than loads of gain though. I can always find ways to get more gain right?
      Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
      Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
      Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Comment

+1 for the TM60......but I've never tried the Roland.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

...another vote for the TM60... The Tech 21 amps sound real good, especially when turned up... I've tried a few Roland Cubes before and thouht they sounded too artificial. A 'practice' amp was a good way to describe it...

I'd also give the Vox AD60VT a try... I've got one of these (the AD15VT) and I thought it sounded better than the Tech 21 TM10 and wayyy better than the Roland Cube...
          If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
          DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

While I think the Trademark is a much better sounding amp than the Cube, tight metal crunch is not what these amps are known for, at least not by themselves. I can get close using the Mesa V-Twin thru channel 1, but as far as the T60 by itself, the only thing I use channel 2 for is a Santana-like lead tone. Tech21 does show you some Metallica/Recto type settings, but in reality it isnt tight or crunchy enough. And a Boss Metal Zone sounds like sh1t thru it at gig volumes.

But otherwise I highly recommend the Trademark60 Really.
            Gibson Les Paul Classic (C5/PG)
            Heritage H-157 (500T/JP)
            Fender American Deluxe Strat (JB/STK-S4/STK-S4)
            Franken-Tokai (Custom8/Cool Rails/Hot Rails)
            G&L ASAT Special
            Mesa Trem-o-verb DR
            Traynor YCV50 Blue

Comment

Working...
            X