Traynor YBA-1 still being made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YBA-1 still being made?

There was a thread on this amp earlier...are they still making it?
    I didn't see it on Traynor's website.
    Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
    Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
    Amp- Fender
    Originally posted by Skullkrusher
    After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Re: Traynor YBA-1 still being made?

not in many years...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

this amp was made way back in the day as a bass amp. It's a killer guitar amp. I was jammin some Jimi through mine earlier today and god it sounded so good..can't wait to get a good speaker cab for mine (don't have the one in my signature yet..still thinking) and some new tubes for it!
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Damn! And to think that I use to own two of those amps!! Back in the early '70's I played bass and bought those amps new for $150.00 each!!

Comment

I bought one for $175....on ebay they're pulling $400-$550! I got a pretty good deal I think. The guy I got it from pulled it from a house that burned down. The amp works perfectly fine, not even the smell of smoke or burn marks or anything.
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

The closest you would get now from Traynor is this one http://www.yorkville.com/products.as...&cat=18&id=318 - 50watts and uses EL-34's - never heard it though so I can't compare it to my Bassmaster.

Comment

hey No Effects...what speakers do you find react best with this amp? I'm thinking of going the V30 route because it seems the normal route. I'm planning on a 2x12 setup and wanted some experiened opinions!

Comment

Thanks all...housefire, huh? I should get the Firefighter's discount!
                Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
                Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
                Amp- Fender
                Originally posted by Skullkrusher
                After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

Check out the YBA mod clips here...as well as the clips of other amps...cool stuff...http://www.rocknrollamps.com/

-Will
                  Fender USA Strat
                  Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
                  Retroman Sybil Fuzz
                  Zendrive

Comment

And as far as speakers, the V30/G12H30 combo is really killer...much more versatile and full i would say than 2 v30's...I have an Avatar with the V30/G12H30 combo and i LOVE it. My two cents. -Will
                    Fender USA Strat
                    Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
                    Retroman Sybil Fuzz
                    Zendrive

Comment

Working...
                    X