Rotating Speaker Simulation Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Speaker Simulation Pedal

I'm looking for a few new pedals to try out and one type I'm looking for is a rotating speaker simulation pedal. I know theres the Univibe reissue Dunlop makes, which is basicly the standard based on the original Univibe used by Jimi himself. But what rotating speaker pedals does everyone else use and which ones would you recommend?

EDIT: Forgot to add, the kind of rotating speaker sounds I'm trying to get are the underwater sound of the bridge part of "Badge" by Cream and Little Wing by Jimi.
    Last edited by Corbic; 12-05-2005, 08:47 PM.
    The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
    And Here on Bandcamp!
    Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Re: Rotating Speaker Simulation Pedal

I've only heard one or two pedals that even come close IMO- and they were up in the 300 dollar range.
    " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

If you're looking for "cool..." There was an old Morley pedal that was like 6" tall, that thing sounded great, but it was a huge tank. I saw one a year or so ago and it was going for $100...
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

one of the best is the original Boss chorus, the CE-1; however, these are going for serious $$$ now. Supposedly, the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus is a remake of the CE-1, but I haven't tried one.

Maxon also makes a similar pedal. Not cheap, though.
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

I use the Rotary sim on my Alesis nano verb. Sounds pretty good in the FXloop.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

When it comes to modulation and rotating speaker effects, there are a few options:

1. Rotating speaker/Leslie (expensive, heavy and rare)
            2. Digital Rotating Speaker sim (Line 6 and Boss both have new ones out, I will try them...)
            3. Tube driven H&K Rotosphere (Great choice, very expensive)

4. Uni-vibe (A Uni-vibe is the 60's version of a rotating speaker simulator. It vaguely sounds like one, but has become classic. Think Robin Trower and Jimi)
            5. Phaser (A little similar to the rotating speaker)

As you go down the line, you get further and further from the real rotating speaker sound, but you'll find some good sounds on the way too. I own a Phaser, Vibe, I plan on trying the Line 6 and someday... someday I'll own a real Leslie. Anyway.... try a Uni-vibe or one of the "better" ones like a Deja-Vibe or Mojo-Vibe. I think it's what you might be looking for.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i have a rotosphere and its great. not cheap at all, but boy do i like it. way better than anything digital ive tried.
              motion sound makes/made a few great products for a leslie sound but they are expensive

Comment

I use a rotovibe and while yes it's not quite a perfect rotating speaker simulator, it does an incredible job and gives some really great tones...has two settings one is a chorus/flange and the other is the rotating speaker simulator
                Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbic
                  I'm looking for a few new pedals to try out and one type I'm looking for is a rotating speaker simulation pedal. I know theres the Univibe reissue Dunlop makes, which is basicly the standard based on the original Univibe used by Jimi himself. But what rotating speaker pedals does everyone else use and which ones would you recommend? EDIT: Forgot to add, the kind of rotating speaker sounds I'm trying to get are the underwater sound of the bridge part of "Badge" by Cream and Little Wing by Jimi.
                  I'd seriously get a multieffects board for this. Oh, I already got one! Whew....
                  My Music Page
                  Originally posted by vinterland
                  I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
                  Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

THe Leslie's that our electronic church organ used when I was a teen (early 70s) would vary the rotation based on some parameter ( I seem to remember it being volume). Do the pedals simulate this?

I has a Marshall SuperVibe Chorus, when playing with it one night I got a rotating speaker effect out of it. But Iwas hunting for a 12 string vibe that evening and since it has 4 knobs I can't remember what the setting was.
                    Fender American Standard Fat Strat - 2004
                    Epi Elitist Les Paul Std. - 2004 (Brobucker/APH2)
                    Parts-o-caster (Fender '62 Reissue CAR Strat body)
                    Part-o-tele(Ash body, birds-eye maple neck)
                    Aria 1592 T*caster 69 Thinline Copy - 1974

Peavey Classic 30, Fender Silverface Champ(77), Roland MicroCube

Comment

Go the cheap way. Get a Phase 90, set the knob at about 2-3 o'clock. That's how I get my leslie sounds. Sure it's not spot on but it sounds cool.

Comment

H&K Tube Rotosphere is the best one i know.
                        I own a Danelectro Wasabi Chorus Trem - IMO Chous + Trem with different speed gives a great effect. Check it out
                        Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
                        Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
                        Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

I've got a Lovepedal MagicBoy Vibe that is excellent, and cheaper than most boutique leslie/phaser type pedals.

Listen to "Time" by Pink Floyd, the one knob at 12 o'clock nails that sound.

Comment

If it's a Univibe clone you want, the Fulltone fullsize ones are among the best.
                            Even cooler, if you have a stereo version w/2 amps.

If it's a rotating speaker/Leslie sound, the H&K Rotosphere is the one.
                            Speaking of which, that may be my next pedal. I love those things!
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Unwarranted excessive GAS starting to build up... especially since I heard a Two-fer today from Frampton Comes Alive...

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                              X