What do you think of the new rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think of the new rig?

That is some GREAT looking stuff. I've listened to your clip four times. Guess what my wife said when she heard it? She said "Is that new Eric Clapton or some old SRV?" God's honest truth, that's what she said. Her eyes bugged out when I told her nope, it's one of my forum brothas.

Nice LP! I don't hate the late seventies Gibson stuff the way lots of people do. I've got a 77 doubleneck I loaded with Ants and Seths and I think it's heads and shoulders above the new ones.

Hey can, when we "hate" you, that's the highest form of flattery. Means the opposite. Kinda like talking to a woman. Oh man, here comes my wife with the frying pan--GOTTA RUN!
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

What do you think of the new rig? I think your giving me G.A.S.
      I got a home brew in the works. My Chassis should be ariving this week. I've commisioned my Father to build me the Cab. Got the circuit board all ready to go. Just gotta come up with the money for the trannie's.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Awesome..looks as good as they sound

Comment

Great lookin amp! I like the color scheme with the Marshall knobs and amber light.

I've always wondered about Sundown amps. How does that thing sound? They probably would have succeeded, if they'd looked like yours.

Just a tip....you can mix reverb into your second volume, if you put an EH Holy Grail in between bridging the channels. Plug straight into the amp, and send reverb to the second channel. I always did that on Marshalls and Bassmans, just for a little verb mixed in.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Jeez 75lespaul, I could hardly get out of the door this morning my head was swelled up so big! Thanks for the kind words. There's a lot of awesome players on the forum here, I'm just a simple pentatonic wanker!

The Sundown amp is another monster, but in a totally different way. The clean channel isn't as chimey as the JTM45, but it's got a nice smooth, clear clean sound. Kind of like an Ampeg, but it can get raw if you push it. You can do a great Stones sound on the clean channel with a little push. The OD channel is much more modern sounding, more like a Boogie. It's got multiple ways to OD it too. With my Blackstone running into that channel, I can get pretty close to Warren Haynes sound.

Unfortuantely, it uses a switching solenoid between channels, and that's going bad. It channel switches on its own after it gets hot, sometimes with weird results. I'll debug it and replace the solenoid, but I'm having fun with the JTM45 right now

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan
              I'm just a simple pentatonic wanker!
              OK, now I'm considering getting that on a T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
                OK, now I'm considering getting that on a T-shirt.

LOL!!!!

I'll have one in XL!!!
                GUITARS
                STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                AMPS
                Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Absolutely stunning!! Really love that look!
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Great looking amp!
                    Originally posted by Jolly
                    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Supasweet looking It looks like you treat it with serious care.. and... it's a Marshall... yeah baby!
                      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Yeah! I love this thing

Comment

Add a cowbell and you'll really have something there... your buddy does nice cab work.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                          X