modded marshall dsl100 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modded marshall dsl100 issues

i have a dsl100 modded by voodoo amps. Played a show last night amp was fine. Tonight, i was at band practice and my amp was fine intill about 2 hours into it. I picked my guitar back up turned the volume up and the sound was horrible and real faint. Hit the distortion and it became a little louder not even close to where it should have been and sounded reall bad again. I swapped guitars and cords. Still the same, i have a g-major effects processor in the effects loop and the level into the effects processor was lower then normal. I removed the processor to narrow it down more... still the same.

All the tubes are lit up like normal i dont' really know what happens when they fail though. Do they not light up anymore? I changed the tubes a little over a year ago just because i thought it was time.

Whats wrong with my ampppp i have alot of shows coming up and i need it working asap. My backup stuff just isn't the same.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: modded marshall dsl100 issues

Have you called Voovoo amps and told them of the problem? Hopefully it's something simple.

I have a DSL 50 head (stock) that I just got back from being in the shop for a month. It was acting up on me (volume fading, loud hum from the amp itself) and would'nt you know it, the amp never once acted up on the tech I took it to. I've heard the DSL series can be a bit unpredictable so maybe your amp is going thru a bit of nonsense like mine did.

I don't mean to alarm you, but I asked my tech about the possiblity of modding my amp to calm the treble down a bit and he said no way. In his words, "give me any older Marshall be it a Plexi, 800 a 900 or whatever and I can make it do whatever you want. But when you mod the DSL's it leads to one problem after another."

Just repeating what I was told.

Comment

i haven't called em up yet i didn't get out till after 9. They have modded an extreme amount of marshalls and it's 2 years old with no other troubles. Things break. It has seen alot of shows and practices
      boreddddddddddd

Comment

well i brought it home last night... plugged it in thismorning to start trying to figure out what is wrong and it's fine atm... i'm gonna leave it on for a while see if i can get it to do it again.
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
        X