Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on tube amps

howdy,

I 'm planning on buying a tube amp (an engl powerball)... this will be the first I will ever own...I always played on ss before.... now here is the deal: I would like to know more about how all the thing work and what they do... like what's the difference between pre amp and poweramp...

can someone give me some good websites or so where I can find this kind of info?
    www.myspace.com/rollef
    www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Re: info on tube amps

check out mesa/boogies site
    amplifier blueprinting

Buy the domain name TubeFreak and take your online presence to the next level. Perfect for anyone in the entertainment or video streaming industry. Don't miss out on this unique and catchy domain name!

Yeah!

Comment

thx.... now all I have to do is find some time to read them
      www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

to put it simply, the preamp is the part of the amp where most of the tone shaping takes place (eq, gain, and so on). most people typically use 12ax7 tubes in the preamp, and you can swap them out with other different types of preamp tubes without making any adjustments to the amp.

the poweramp is the part of the amp that amplifies the signal from the preamp in order to drive the speakers. the most common types of power tubes are 6L6, EL34, EL84, and so on. in *most* amps, changing the power tubes requires a bias adjustment, which controlls how much current the tubes are getting. and with *most* amps, you have to use the same type of power tubes, unless the amp can accept more than one type(like how mesas can accept 6L6 or EL34), or if modifications are done to the amp to compensate for the change.
        gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
        '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
        mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
        marshall 1960A 4x12
        and a few pedals

Comment

There is also lots of good info at this site-
          " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

I usually go to this site for my info.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
              '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
              mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
              marshall 1960A 4x12
              and a few pedals

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
                I usually go to this site for my info.
                LMAO

I also did a little search on the forum and found a thread in which gearjoneser did a review on different tubes... very helpfull
                www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

Originally posted by shark
                  LMAO

I also did a little search on the forum and found a thread in which gearjoneser did a review on different tubes... very helpfull
                  Yes, asking GJ on everything amp related is always a good idea... he has plenty... amps and knowledge

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Working...
                  X