banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone suggest a high gain tube amp that i may be able to get cheap second hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone suggest a high gain tube amp that i may be able to get cheap second hand?

Hi i am wondering what kind of high gain tube amps i should be looking out for in the second hand market?

I am sick and tired and solid state stuff though i am yet to try out tech 21 stuff.

anyway basically i am after a small cheap tube amp that can handle high gain stuff.

I was thinking of getting a Peavey classic 30 but i would need a peda lof some kind to get it to play metal right? what kind of pedal? any suggestions?
    Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
    Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
    Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Re: Can anyone suggest a high gain tube amp that i may be able to get cheap second hand?

Try to look for some Laney heads, GH100L/GH100S, GH50L, GH100TI (like mine), VH100R or similar, at least Laney's are usually pretty cheap secondhand (new as well actually), and they sound awesome.

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
    Line6 Toneport UX2
    Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Re: Can anyone suggest a high gain tube amp that i may be able to get cheap second hand?

The Traynor blue combo supposedly does high-gain. It has more versatile preamp and EQ sections than many of the "Classic" type combos from Peavey, Crate, etc. It's cost new is quite reasonable, but it new enough that you're unlikely to find many used.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

how about a marshall jcm 900 or 2000 40 or 50 watt combo?

any good?
        Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
        Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
        Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Comment

5150?

Comment

Yamaha T50
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

Peavey XXX
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
              X