Fender Blues Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Junior

After playing this amp, I think its the one for me. Whats the deal with a solid state rectifier. just wondering what the advantages are of a tube rectifier.
    Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Re: Fender Blues Junior

most amps today use a solid state rectifier. I can't give you the in's and out's of it all, but both are very good. typically when deciding if an amp is tube or hybrid (tube preamp), the rectifier isn't taken into account, I think
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I just like vintage amps and this little amp has that kind of tone I am going for, which is really all I am going after.
      Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

Tube rectifiers tend to sag, giving a more vintage sound, more touch sensitivity, etc. SS rectifiers don't sag, to the amp is stiffer, better low end, better definition.

It's also possible to get a SS rectifier's reliability, but with "sag". The Weber Copper Cap is a good example - SS replacement for a tube recto.

Another aspect is the economics of building the amp. For a little amp like the Blues Jr., a tube recifier is cheap and easy. For big amps (Twins, 100-Watter MArshall, etc.) the tube recto is expensive and you'd probably need two to power the amp. So, big amps were the first to get SS rectifiers.

For you, what it comes down to is, if you like the sound of the amp, then great. Don't worry about what kind of rectifier it has.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
        X