Got the Weber Speaker for the Silvertone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Weber Speaker for the Silvertone

Wow, what a difference a good speaker makes! I ordered the 8s Ceramic(15w) from Ted on his recommendation and he was dead on. It is loud, warm and chimey. Doesn't break up like the original so I get pure tube breakup. It is loud enough now that I can't hear myself sing when standing 5 feet from the amp......and that's a good thing! It sounds great now, can't wait to hear what it sounds like in a couple of weeks after it breaks in a bit. I can highly recommend this giant speaker in an 8" package. I'll post some clips after I get a good mic from Youngpup tomorrow.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Got the Weber Speaker for the Silvertone

Ryan,

Glad to hear it...I think Im gonna go with a set of Webers for my Vibrolux but Im also still looking at some Eminence ledgens as well.

BTW...how the hell is Tyler? I haven't talked to him in quite a while and he hasn't been on the forum in a while. Is his number still the same?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

He's good, I see him every morning at the cafe. He's got another little one on the way, wife's about 5 months along now. It'll be #4 for him. His # is still the same, but getting him to answer the last few weeks has been difficult. I usually get a call back a couple of hours after I call him. He finally got his Super Reverb back in action and it simply kills. Fender cleans and Plexi gain, not really stock any more!
      Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      Ryan,

Glad to hear it...I think Im gonna go with a set of Webers for my Vibrolux but Im also still looking at some Eminence ledgens as well.

BTW...how the hell is Tyler? I haven't talked to him in quite a while and he hasn't been on the forum in a while. Is his number still the same?
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I have a set of Webers in my 66 Pro Reverb amp! Absolutely love em! Mine are the Ceramic C12Ns I think? Older and earlier part number..
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

How much louder did the amp get after the speaker change?
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The volume went up from a point where you could hear yourself talk loudly 5 feet from the amp to you can't hear yourself sing the same distance away. And there is complete clarity in single notes as well as strummed chords. It's a very nice speaker and only $24 from Weber.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to get one of those.

What tubes are you running in yours? I still have the stock Silvertones. I think it's time for a change.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Stock Silvertones except for the old Fender 7025 that replaced the bad original 12ax7. I tried a GT 12ax7 mullard and it sounded really nice, but it's now in my Vox. It sounds so good now, that I'm not sure if I would improve it much by changing anything else out. As much as people are talking up the NOS RCA Blackplate 6v6gt's makes me want one, but the cost is crazy. What new production 6v6gt would get me in the ball park? And what do I do about the fact that the Silvertone is a cathode based bias. Do I just simply pop in a new 6v6 or what?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump for the below question......

"As much as people are talking up the NOS RCA Blackplate 6v6gt's makes me want one, but the cost is crazy. What new production 6v6gt would get me in the ball park? And what do I do about the fact that the Silvertone is a cathode based bias. Do I just simply pop in a new 6v6 or what?"

Comment

I just put that same speaker in my Vox and I am very happy with it, everything I had hoped for.
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                      X