Bad Cat Hot Cat: Initial Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Cat Hot Cat: Initial Impressions

Okay, traded my Two Rock today for a Hot cAt and some cash. Both of us did okay in the deal from what I can tell.

The Hot Cat is indeed Hot! There is absolutely no way this sucker is 30 watts. Not a chance. I know it's cathode biased and maybe that makes a difference, but holy ear drums batman!

I iknow the_Chris had advised me to not make this trade, but so far, I like it.

I can get some stellar cleans out of the clean channel, even though it's only controls are volume and brightness. It's voiced quite nicely. The only guitar I've run through it so far has been my LP with P90's.

The distortion channel is nice and smooth. I haven't played both channels together with my ABY switch, but I hear it's a must-do.

I'm going to pull it apart tomorrow to see how the heck Bad Cat is getting this much power out of 2 EL34's.

I dont' know how long I'll own it, but it might stick around for a while. Excellent tone.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Bad Cat Hot Cat: Initial Impressions

Not to add to your list of things to get, but...

Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

I'm not sure I need to get a Star. I just want to see how the Bad Cat does the EL34 power section.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

damn you, Scott, damn you! I am tempted to drive down and steal it from you. It's not that long a drive... and it would be well worth it I think. In case I can't make the trip, you should make some clips and pix if at all possible.
        Enjoy, and rock on

Comment

Yeah, I don't believe any company that has a 2 EL-34 amp with a big transformer, and calls it a 30W. It's a lie. They say my Matchless is 40W, but it's as loud as a 50W plexi.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

"EXCELLENT!!!" ala Montgomery Burns.......

And now for the Mad Scientist laugh............

mmmmuuwahahahahahahahaha

I don't know....the DST 20watter & the Fuchs 20watter are loud as hell too.

Maybe it's just a perception kinda' thing.

The low number makes it seem like it shouldn't be that loud, but in reality...15watts IS loud.

30watts & up can scream.

50w is more than I'll ever need....probably never need, so 30w is about right, if you ask me.

Anyway, get to work "Clone Man" !

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
            X