T-Rex Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Rex Pedals

Does anybody have any experience about these pedals? They're made in Denmark and seem to be of quite high quality. Prices are comparative as well, at least on this side of the pond.

I'm particularly intrested in the Alberta and the Replica pedals, does anybody know what they're like and how they fare against their counterparts from other brands?

Thanks!
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Re: T-Rex Pedals

And you can also buy them as the new TC pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
      Please elaborate! Are they making the pedals for TC, or did TC rip'em off.

I have a T. Rex Mudhoney on my board, and I love it. It's a killer pedal to use, if you want OD, Fuzz, or an infinite sutain/in tandem with other OD's.

When I use it with amp overdrive, or another OD, it melts the signal into liquid sustain that doesn't end. You can hold a note for a long time, till it cascades into sweet feedback in the same key you're playing. *****en pedal!!!

I've tried a few others, and they're worth the money.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        ???

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Please elaborate! Are they making the pedals for TC, or did TC rip'em off.

I have a T. Rex Mudhoney on my board, and I love it. It's a killer pedal to use, if you want OD, Fuzz, or an infinite sutain/in tandem with other OD's.

When I use it with amp overdrive, or another OD, it melts the signal into liquid sustain that doesn't end. You can hold a note for a long time, till it cascades into sweet feedback in the same key you're playing. *****en pedal!!!

I've tried a few others, and they're worth the money.
        Sounds great! I'll have a look at it too, how well can it do the lower gain od thingy? I'm not a big fan of fuzzboxes, how much else does it really have?
        There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Well they work together on that one.
          Nobody around here understands the move.
          I think they got one or two distributors pissed off by that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            Well they work together on that one.
            Nobody around here understands the move.
            I think they got one or two distributors pissed off by that deal.
            You mean that T-Rex does the new TC pedals together with TC, and still runs their own line separately? Or are they wholly merged together? It does sound weird any way it is.

BTW... What kind of CM pedal would you recommend for me to look at as an option to those T-Rex pedals I mentioned? Thanks!

Comment

TC is using the inards from T-rex, the looks are different, but the whole layout and features are total alike.
              The Alberta is a TS-style od, we have never made any of those
              But I guess that the rockdrive or heavydrive is closest, or a HDB Mk3.
              For delay, well ours is not as pristine clean as the replica.
              But there is a mountain of pedals in that range out there
              The new Boss DD-20 looks quite good, and there is alot of drives out there.
              What kind of drive do you like, and what amps will you use it with?

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                TC is using the inards from T-rex, the looks are different, but the whole layout and features are total alike.
                The Alberta is a TS-style od, we have never made any of those
                But I guess that the rockdrive or heavydrive is closest, or a HDB Mk3.
                For delay, well ours is not as pristine clean as the replica.
                But there is a mountain of pedals in that range out there
                The new Boss DD-20 looks quite good, and there is alot of drives out there.
                What kind of drive do you like, and what amps will you use it with?
                Well... Let's start the difficult task of putting something as special as this into words:

I'm currently playing into a JCM800 and a Laney TF300. The Laney is SS, but it works at home with low volumes. I'm currently looking at a new amp in the next couple of months, I don't know exactly what yet but I'm most intrigued by Koch Twintone II at the moment. Seems to have the best sound and the best capabilities for it's price/size range. Recommendations are welcome! I tried to ask some a while ago, but to no avail...

I'd like a couple of different main distortion sounds... I do have a volume pot to get me that fine tuning. One that's just above breakup at the clean channel. Something that can really easily be tamed into a clean by picking strength. Then a more consistant, real od/ds, I'm not too deep into these terms to be able to use them with the exactness I'd like, but something with clarity and dynamics and a bit more sustain, a little bite here and there to keep me and the band running. Then I'd like a warm and full and and and... lead sound, but only to be used sparingly.

I don't need any modern metal sounds... I play music that's like Nick Cave meets older Danzig meets PJ Harvey meets Mannhai. I don't know if you know those bands, but they quite well show what I'm after, although naturally not 1=1.

A long text then... cheers if someone made it this far.

Comment

+1....I got a good deal on a barely used one & use it like GJ said.

It gets fuzzy enough for me, but I think it's better as an OD than a fuzz...I use it after my Mesa Bottle Rocket. I hit the Bottle Rocket for OD & then hit the Mudhoney for a molten boost.

Makes the tone just pour out like lava...smooth, fat, searing & sustain for days!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                  Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                  FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                    +1....I got a good deal on a barely used one & use it like GJ said.

It gets fuzzy enough for me, but I think it's better as an OD than a fuzz...I use it after my Mesa Bottle Rocket. I hit the Bottle Rocket for OD & then hit the Mudhoney for a molten boost.

Makes the tone just pour out like lava...smooth, fat, searing & sustain for days!!!
                    Thanks, sounds great! If I may ask more, what made you choose just Mudhoney instead of other ods?

Comment

Honestly, I didn't seek one out.

I saw a good deal on a barely used one & with Gearjonesers recommendation, I figured it was worth a try.

It's a great pedal.....there are others I'd love to try, but I'm in no hurry now!!!!

Comment

The Mudhoney has a button on it, so you can use it as a more mild OD, and with the button down, it heaps on a ton of gain. As a boost OD, it's pretty good.
                        When you utilize the full extent of it's gain, it's thick and sustains forever.
                        I know it'll be more suited to your Marshall, since it's a pedal that likes a slightly overdriven signal. It sounds a bit fuzzier when you use it on a clean amp.

I think the Mudhoney is one of T. Rex's best sellers, but the Dr. Swamp is also a cool OD/Distortion pedal. Many people who try both, end up with the Mudhoney, just because of it's unique character. If you hit certain notes just right, it kind of compresses and blats out.......kinda like Hendrix, when it sounds like his amp is about to blow up. The note blats out, then swells back in.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Ok, thanks guys! I'll definitely check the Mudhoney out when I go pedal shopping. Let's hope I'll see it used, even if it is unlikely.

One more question on the Mudhoney, if you won't mind: Is the button that determines if it's a mild or a gainy od switchable on foot? Can one use it live?

Comment

When you utilize the full extent of it's gain, it's thick and sustains forever.

I know it'll be more suited to your Marshall, since it's a pedal that likes a slightly overdriven signal. It sounds a bit fuzzier when you use it on a clean amp.
                            Yeah, I agree. On the DST amp, channel 1 was Hiwatt clean & channel 2 was Marshall SLP...you also have the ability to combine the channels, which was basically a dirty blues/rhythm type channel & happened to be my favorite.

The Mudhoney was good on the clean channel as an OD, but you could hear the fuzz a little better, which stands to reason & it was a likeable fuzz, not buzzy like some you hear...very useable & musical.

On the dirty channel, the Mudhoney just kicked & when used with the Bottle Rocket & with the boost on, it was HOT HOT HOT!!!! Even Strat pickups soared.

My favorite was on the crunchy bluesy combined channel though...the Bottle Rocket is a great OD, but the Mudhoney without the gain boost in just fattened the whole thing up without losing clarity.

I can't wait to try it on the incoming Edana....it should thrive with that sucker
                            Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 12-12-2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku
                              One more question on the Mudhoney, if you won't mind: Is the button that determines if it's a mild or a gainy od switchable on foot? Can one use it live?
                              No....that's my one knock on the pedal. It's a tiny little button BEHIND one of the bigger knobs.

Not sure what the thinking was there, but I mainly use it without the button in....because I use it with another OD...

Comment

Working...
                              X