Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave fuzz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave fuzz?

Is this one any good? I'm going for that fuzzy octave down riffing, more in the stoner vein and not so much like Hendrix, if you know what I'm getting at. If anybody's heard Death From Above 1979 that's the sound I'm going for...except with a guitar, because that guy only uses a bass. Anyway, is this a quality product or would I be better off with some kind of boutique thing?

Thanks!

Re: Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave fuzz?

I could be mistaken, but I think the hendrix octave fuzz is an octave up fuzz which isn't what you want. I think for that DFA type sound, you need a bass, unless you actually want it to sound like a guitar. I tend to hate the way octavers track, so it's hard for me to say. My favorite fuzz pedal for that type of sound is the Zvex Wooly Mammoth.
    teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

Ah crap, it's octave up? Oh well...are their any octave fuzz type pedals that go down an octave?

Comment

Yes, I believe there are. I think MXR makes one. If somebody can find a thick germanium transistor fuzz that will has footswitchable octave down or octave up, I will buy one in a second.

Comment

The MXR Blue Box is fuzz plus two octaves down. Pretty wild sound.

Comment

Originally posted by twoheadedboy
            Yes, I believe there are. I think MXR makes one. If somebody can find a thick germanium transistor fuzz that will has footswitchable octave down or octave up, I will buy one in a second.
            I am pretty sure the Redwitch Fuzzgod can do that. ( I have been waiting and drooling over this thing. Can't wait for clips)

Here's the link: http://www.redwitchanalogpedals.com/FuzzGod.html

EDIT: Closed eye, congrats your next post is 666
            Last edited by SpeedDemon; 12-14-2005, 04:59 PM.
            Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
            Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Naw, the fuzz god isn't what i'm thinking of. It basically just looks like a more complicated version of the zvex fuzzfactory. It does look cool, but what I want would be 1 footswitch that would switch on a very thick, badass sounding fuzz, another footswitch that would kick in an octave up effect, and another footswitch that would kick in an octave down effect. You could run the pedal totally bypassed, or with all 3 effects running, or any combination of the two. I haven't seen a pedal that did that yet, and that's what i want.

Comment

Originally posted by twoheadedboy
                Naw, the fuzz god isn't what i'm thinking of. It basically just looks like a more complicated version of the zvex fuzzfactory. It does look cool, but what I want would be 1 footswitch that would switch on a very thick, badass sounding fuzz, another footswitch that would kick in an octave up effect, and another footswitch that would kick in an octave down effect. You could run the pedal totally bypassed, or with all 3 effects running, or any combination of the two. I haven't seen a pedal that did that yet, and that's what i want.

Yeah the fuzz god only has the suboctave, not octave up. And that is one hell of an idea for a fuzz. That would be one awesome pedal.
                Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Yeah man. So many people would want that, and I don't understand why it hasn't been done.

Comment

I will say having used Dunlop products that they are very solid, well priced, and built for the road. They are classic tones put into the working musicians budget.

That being said - the best Fuzz for Jam and actual Hendrix that I have heard tones are the Fuzz Foot tones in the Fox Rox Captain Coconut 2 Pedals. You can get the Fuzz separately, or just buy the pedal - it has beautiful tones, and amazing Univibe, and it is a no brainer to mic and record.

I have heard (second hand/hearsay) that ZVex and Frantone sound great. I have used the 69 and 70 by Fulltone and I liked them quite much. I personally use the Dave Fox pedals from FoxRox.
                    1973 Les Paul Standard
                    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
                    X