NGD: Custom Mauler 2X12 with H&K GrandMeister Deluxe 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Custom Mauler 2X12 with H&K GrandMeister Deluxe 40

I have a lot of writing to finish today before I can unleash the venom, but at least it is here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200818_124728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	6010433Click image for larger version  Name:	20200818_124222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	6010434
    Soundcloud

Congrats, look forward to the review
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200818_171059_454.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	6010481
      Soundcloud

Comment

cab looks great! betcha itll look great with the glowing blue amp on top too

Comment

Sadly, I have no audio. Feeling a bit heartbroken at the moment. Everything is definitely connected properly.
          Soundcloud

Comment

did you wire up the cab or did they?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              did you wire up the cab or did they?
              Mauler wired it up
              Soundcloud

Comment

got a meter? check what resistance you get between tip and sleeve on a speaker cable plugged into the cab

Comment

Check the back of the amp, to see if the silent mode button isn't pushed in.
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                    Check the back of the amp, to see if the silent mode button isn't pushed in.
                    I checked and that was not it. Then, I took the cab up some stairs to try it on the extension output on my old Traynor Custom Blue 50. Still no audio. Even worse, the H&K does not smell good. I left it on for about 10 minutes while trying to troubleshoot the audio. I am devastated. Nothing like feeling you just wasted $2000. I feel sick to my stomach.
                    Soundcloud

Comment

got a meter? check what resistance you get between tip and sleeve on a speaker cable plugged into the cab
                      Mauler told me to remove the jack plate, so I did. He said a wire came loose during shipping. He told me to just solder it back, but I only have a butane soldering iron. Plus, I literally have no idea what needs to be soldered. That's why I wanted to order a custom built cab. I do not have any interest in doing this sh!t. Mauler then asked if I have any friends who have non-butane soldering irons. Well, I don't. I literally do not have any friends at all. I used to, but now I just don't. So, my only option is to find somebody who can fix this cab because I don't know how, then, on top of that, I am not sure if my H&K is okay and I do not have any other cabs here to test it with.

I am not having a good day
                      Soundcloud

Comment

did you find a loose wire? sorry man, sucks all around.

Comment

did you find a loose wire? sorry man, sucks all around.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200818_182850.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	6010513
                          Soundcloud

Comment

The only problem is, through my eyes, I do not see the problem. Mauler saw it right away and told me it is an easy fix... but nothing like this is easy to me at all.
                            Soundcloud

Comment

That totally sucks balls, hopefully you didn't fry the OT. It's always good practice no matter if a cab is new, used $50 or $2,000 custom or mass produced to check its impedance out the jack before ever hooking up, especially to a tube amp. That way you can have it figured out before ever hooking it up and powering on if somethings not right. I put my faith in no one and anything can happen in transit. The same goes with a new or new to you tube amp, always make sure the tubes are seated completely and properly before powering on for the 1st time. But that's all hindsight right now. I wish you luck and hope it's something stupid simple you overlooked. I love that blue snakeskin BTW.

EDIT
                              Just saw your newer post. That terminal pulled back a little is probably what they are referring to. If you have a multi meter check continuity from the jack blade it's attached to and the other end of cable hooked to speaker and wiggle it around while doing it. if it buzzes out and doesn't cut out at all then that's not the problem. Those don't need soldered anyways if they are the proper size for the blade.
                              Last edited by Mr. 80's; 08-18-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X