Can Anyone Do Basic Electrical Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Do Basic Electrical Work?

I'm willing to pay someone to make this simple circut for me since I'm not sure if I can do it or not. I'm in a woodshop class and want to make a small portable amp that runs on 9volt and has a little speaker in it. I found this schematic
    and this article on how to do it I'm just not clear on some things.

1. If I can't find someone to do this for me will I be able to do this? I've only wired guitars and that's it.
    2. There's a simpler schematic, can I assemble it from this?
    3. Instead of having a 1/8" headphone out could I wire it up to a speaker?
    4. Will this even work with my guitar?

Thanks in advance.
    Equipment:
    Squier Stratocaster CII (JB/Stock Singles)
    Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
    Crate GT212

Wanting To Buy:
    Les Paul Pickguard
    ToM Bridge+Tailpiece

Big Jesus

Re: Can Anyone Do Basic Electrical Work?

You can set up the circuit on a test board and check it out before you do the final soldering and assembly. This circuit uses DC power and should not post any extreme danger. However, it is a stereo amp and I don't know exactly what the op-amp's part number is. I could not find it from the info you've given, or may be I missed it. My first guess is that it probably does not have enough power to push a loudspeaker and you may need another preamp if you want it to work with your guitar even with headphones.

Comment

The Burr-Brown OPA132 is the op-amp.
      Equipment:
      Squier Stratocaster CII (JB/Stock Singles)
      Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
      Crate GT212

Wanting To Buy:
      Les Paul Pickguard
      ToM Bridge+Tailpiece

Big Jesus

Comment

9 volt?
        Battery driven?

This is what you want ...

Comment

Oh heck. Go to www.runoffgroove.com and look at the Ruby and Little Gem. Easy to make. You can put any of these things in enclosures with a speaker or make a mini-amp head out of it. I did the mini-head option. Rather than a speaker, I put the output to a 1/4" jack. It then hooks up to any speaker cab I want. If I wanted I could have wired up to a small speaker in it's own enclosure but I don't have any small speakers around.

This CMoy is geared more towards portable CD and MP3 players than guitar. The Ruby and Little Gem are for guitar. Very similar to the Smokey Amp.

Comment

Working...
          X