Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Fender Type Amp?

Originally posted by fuzzyratfarts
    Dont forget that I can get Fender products half off...

Yes, that means I can get an $1800 amp and still be in my range.

If I were you I would take a real close look at the new Vibroverb Custom. This is the amp that has the Cesar Diaz mods thet supossedly were done on SRV's amps. It has a switch in the back that allows you to switch between SS rectifier or tube and it also has a switch that will give you "vintage" or "Texas" tones. I have personally not been able to find one of these yet to play thru, but it sounds like you are after similar tones that I am. Thius Amp is very high on my list as a possible new amp. This does not have an OD channel, but with a good OD pedal you will get what you want

Here is a link.

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

I also agree with Lew that either a Twin or a Super Reverb could be the way to go. I have a Silver face Super Reverb that was made around '68. It is an awesome amp, but it is very heavy so moving it from GIG to GIG gets a little old. I also have a Deluxe Reverb and as Lew stated this is a great Amp, but at GIG volumes it is real hard to keep them clean.
    Last edited by Bludave; 12-16-2005, 09:29 AM.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I think you are on the right track with the Twin 15! If you want full deep cleans I think it would be your best bet. I use a Carvin XV-212 (Which has EL-34's but can get the Twin vibe pretty close) into a 2-15 Dual Showman cab and the clean sound is amazing! Sometimes I only take the amp to shows and I really miss the fullness that the 2-15 cab has. It's not so good with distortion
      because a 15 has more lows and highs but not much midrange, midrange is necessary for distortion but that's where the amps 2-12 come through the best.
      Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

ypu really want clean Fender ??? You sure ?

...mid 70's Vibrasonic Reverb...UL output transformer, 15" speaker, very clean, very loud, cheap as dirt. This was their attempt at a pedal steel amp...stick an EVM 15L in it and it WILL be clean.

Comment

Fender Super Reverb (Real Blackface) with upgraded speakers...

OR

66's Super Reverb with D130 JBL's

---

Get ready with the BenGay Ointment these amps are heavy and VERY LOUD
          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with Lew and Bludave about looking into the Super Reverb or the Reissue Vibroverb BF amp....

I use a BF Fender 2x12 Pro Reverb with Webers and much prefer my amp over the Twin....The BF Reissue Vibroverb has me intriqued also,but my Pro Reverb still satisfies my overall BF clean tones and it's only a loud 40 watts...The key to the Pro Reverb is having better transformers,good tubes,and Weber speakers in them...The Super Reverb is the same basic amp but it has the better output transformer,a mid pot,and 4x10s...I'm not a fan of 4x10s but I do love a BF Super Reverb amp...I put the Bassman transformers into my Pro Reverb with either TAD or RCA output tubes and Weber speakers...Just a phenomenal sounding amp! Payed $50 for mine about 15 years ago and I'll not part with it...Hopefully never!
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Dude, you already have a strat with Chubtone 63's (the best strat pickups, by the way), and a Fender with a great clean channel. All you need to do is invest in a top notch OD pedal, and you're there.....maybe put a Celestion Vin 30 in it. Since most of the tone is in your fingers, just practice your ass off with that rig, and you'll have the exact same tone as SRV.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

lew has what your looking for:
                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Yeah, once you have a decent amp with an awesome guitar, the rest of the tone 'squeezing' and feel could be obtained through practice.

When i first got my deluxe, it sounded similar to my bandmaster, so i was a bit disappointed (both bf amps...duh). But i started to work on alot of songs, learning loads of allman brothers solos and just practicing putting my all into every note i play. I now sound ALOT better than before, but to get a little bit more cleans, im going for a 15 inch JBL style speaker in an ext. cab for the deluxe.
                  2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                  X