banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cranking a great tube amp....ain't nothin like it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cranking a great tube amp....ain't nothin like it!!!

Amen, bro - but substitute the Bogner for Orange, Matchless for Marshall and let me play with a drummer! With those things changed, I'm right with ya...
    Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
    I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

Test Drive a Rolls and Ferrari, my brutha! LOL

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 12-18-2005, 01:16 AM.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser

HEY! When did you get that Goldtop???????

Or am I just oblivious most of the time?
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

The best rush in the world, especially when it's mic'd in a big venue! Even if it's not, there's nothin like opening up a great tube amp with fresh tubes!

I just came back from a studio where I've got the Bogner Ecstasy sitting next to a Matchless Chieftain. I ran it in stereo with a LP w/Seth Lovers, and turned it up to the breaking point. It practically blew the jeans right off my legs!! Screw earplugs....I need to hear the TONE!!! Now, that's how to start a weekend!

I wish i could turn my z up like that. It has been a while since i got to last. Sucks living in an apartment. Enjoy the sound and feel joneser
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Don't you just hate it when someone (mostly a club owner or sound guy) tells you turn it down

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
              Just ignore the endless cricketts
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                HEY! When did you get that Goldtop???????
                I got the Goldtop in 1996. It's been my main LP for almost a decade. That, and my sunburst Strat. Both have been fret dressed, and play great.

The Goldtop is strange, because it was made by Gibson right at the time they were starting the Historic Division. It's a 1990 Standard, but Gibson was experimenting with how they were going do the 57 Reissues. It's identical to any R7, except it's got a 50's neck, not a boatneck. A Pre-Historic

Originally posted by mrfjones
                I wish i could turn my z up like that. It has been a while since i got to last. Sucks living in an apartment. Enjoy the sound and feel joneser
                I live in an apartment too, and it sucks! I keep those 2 tube amps at my friend/bassist's rehearsal studio a few blocks away, and only get to crank them once a week. My biggest dilemma is that my home recording studio is in my apartment, and I can't turn on the Bogner there (one reason I haven't posted Bogner or Matchless clips in awhile). At home, all I can really play on is the Vox Valvetronix, or else I'll have neighbors banging on the walls. Houses cost too damn much in Southern California.....but I need a house badly!
                Last edited by Gearjoneser; 12-18-2005, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Houses cost too damn much in Southern California.....but I need a house badly!

sell some amps?

j/k

kudos on getting to play it loud!!

germ
                  Jeremy Ledford
                  Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                  Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                    i need a tube amp... my ears arent damaged at all.. i feel left out

LOL that was great hahaha.

yup nothing beats a cranked tube amp. although last week playing at the studio through a dual recto full stack (high gain real damn loud) was a bit hard on the ears with the speakers right up at my head lol.

i'll stick with cranked 1/2 stacks or the 2 cabs side by side for now on!!

-Mike
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Yeah, nothing sounds better than 2 4-12's side by side. They look cool stacked high, but the sound is too harsh and piercing, hitting you right in the face.

I always make sure the last pedal on any pedalboard is a stereo pedal, since it's nice to have the option of running two amps in stereo. Way too loud for most applications, though.

Comment

I got the Goldtop in 1996. It's been my main LP for almost a decade. That, and my sunburst Strat. Both have been fret dressed, and play great.

The Goldtop is strange, because it was made by Gibson right at the time they were starting the Historic Division. It's a 1990 Standard, but Gibson was experimenting with how they were going do the 57 Reissues. It's identical to any R7, except it's got a 50's neck, not a boatneck. A Pre-Historic
                        ahhhh so THATS a prehistoric. Very nice. I dont recall seeing the pic before. Does it have a long tenon?
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                        X