banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Tweed Boogie - how many are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Tweed Boogie - how many are there?

So, I cut this picture out of the Mesa official launch video. From what I see on their web site there is only one model the 6V6 4:40, and it comes as either a 1x12 combo or a head. And it matches up with either the 1x12 or 2x12 cabs. Kinda of typical for Mesa packaging.

And, in the video those models seem to be the four on the right of this picture.

So, what is the blue one on the left? It's not just a blue version of the combo - it's not shaped the same as the amp on the upper right - but the control panel sure looks like the same as the other two.

Was there a 2x12 Combo version of the California Tweed? Was there any other amp in the series besides the 4:40?

Anyone have any idea what the blue amp in this picture might be?

"For old fashioned blues and rock, something about heavy tubes, heavy transformers, heavy speakers and heavy cabinets just works." PFDarkside

ive only heard of the head and 1x12 4:40, never seen one in person though

Comment

This seems like an amp I would love. I have a Blue Angel, so this is kinda like v2 of that. I'd love to try one in person, but Mesa dealerships are scarce around here.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Probably an early prototype of a 2x12” that never made it into production.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X