New tubes for Boogie rack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tubes for Boogie rack...

I want to retube my Tri-axis and 50/50 power amp. Can someone suggest some tubes for both?
    I have guitars and amps.

Re: New tubes for Boogie rack...

A couple of months ago I did a complete retube of my Triaxis and 2:90 with JJs from Bob over at Eurotubes. I got the high gain preamp set and a matched octet. Those sets also come with balanced drivers and inverters.

Major upgrade in tone. The top end lost the harshness, the mids are rounder and stronger and the bottom end is fuller and tighter.

I found that all 8 channels of the Triaxis were improved. The clean channels are rounder, the lead I channels have more gain and fullness and the lead II channels are now brutal sounding. If you have a V2 Triaxis the JJs sound much closer to a Recto than it did with the Mesa tubes.

The only down side if there is one is that the rhythm I green clips a little in the factory setting because that channel has so much natural gain but I found that by dropping the gain and raising the m,aster a little that can be cleaned up nicely and the clean tone is still improved apon. With the gain on 10 in the rhythm I green the pushed tone is a bit more brown sounding and does a vintage Marshall thing very well.

I really like the JJs in my Mesa rack. They make my rig far warmer and rounder sounding with more agression. Very musical sounding and not nearly as grainy as the Mesa tubes can be.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: New tubes for Boogie rack...

I use EHX and Svetlana in my rack (Recto Pre/2:100). I really like the tone of the Svetlana's, though I'm thinking about trying a full or partial set of JJs in the preamp.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
      X