Need amp recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need amp recommendation...

Good morning, I’m looking for a cathode-biased amp that doesn’t use EL84s. I’ve already got the Tweaker 15, which is decent but wondering what else is out there that can take a variety of tubes?

Ex: 6L6GC, KT66? (Tweaker can do KT66 if you take the top grill off, BTW)

Budget: $600 used

Gracias

The Blackstar Artist 30 is based on an AC30 and I think it's cathode biased. Fabulous sounding amp.

Great master volume control. Two channels, each voiced differntly. Hi power/lo power switch.

Uses 6L6 tubes and two 12" Celestion V series speakers. Also has reverb.

I love mine so much I bought an upgrade of it called the Blackstar Artisan 30 that's hand wired. Sounds just as good but it's handwired and doesn't have reverb.

If you want mine I'll sell it for $600. Except for a couple of scratches in the Tolex that happened when it was shipped to me, it's like brand new.

Waddy Wachtel uses one. He can play anything he wants.

Last edited by Lewguitar; 11-22-2020, 08:01 PM.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
      The Blackstar Artist 30 is based on an AC30 and I think it's cathode biased. Fabulous sounding amp.

Great master volume control. Two channels, each voiced differntly. Hi power/lo power switch.

Uses 6L6 tubes and two 12" Celestion V series speakers. Also has reverb.

I love mine so much I bought an upgrade of it called the Blackstar Artisan 30 that's hand wired. Sounds just as good but it's handwired and doesn't have reverb.

If you want mine I'll sell it for $600. Except for a couple of scratches in the Tolex that happened when it was shipped to me, it's like brand new.

Waddy Wachtel uses one. He can play anything he wants.

Here's a demo of the 15 watt version. Mine is the 30 watt version.

Interesting... is there a head version available? I’ve got a cabinet with a Greenback that I like to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BenPerkins View Post

Interesting... is there a head version available? I’ve got a cabinet with a Greenback that I like to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        No.

There is a head version of the Artisan 30 but it's around $1000 used. If you can fiund one. I have one but it's not for sale. I use it with an AC30 size Matchless 2 x 12 cabinet with some 60's Celestion G12 alnicos. Sounds fabulous.

I've thought about making the Artist 30 into a head. Then putting the two Celestion 12's in a VHT 2 x 12 cabinet I have.

But I'd rather just sell it all in one piece.

It's like brand new. Never left the house.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

The Marshall studio series (Plexi/JCM800/Jubilee) heads are cathode bias.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
          X