No announcement yet.

Inside a Roland JC 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daymn that amp was filthy. I know it looked clean inside but inside the jacks were disgusting. But now all the knobs, jacks and switches are dead silent

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I think it has more to do with how they design and test. They targeted Jazz initially, so they tested with jazz boxes, which are quite dark, often using neck pickups solely. When it became clear other players were using the amp, they adjusted and began testing with a wider variety of guitars and situations. (I have a friend that has worked at the Roland headquarters in Hamamatsu and I've toured their facility, studio and test labs.)
      That would've been cool. I wonder if the new "little" Jazz Chorus', (JC-22 & JC-40), match the classic JC-120 sound?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        That would've been cool. I wonder if the new "little" Jazz Chorus', (JC-22 & JC-40), match the classic JC-120 sound?
        They sound great. The only issue is what you would have with any 10-inch speaker or 6.5-inch speaker vs 12-inch speaker. The 12 has a certain bloom and fullness. Don't get me wrong they are both great amps but the 12s really project the chorus even more so with closed back cabs.

Comment

Hello, I saw some pictures of you with a jazz chorus 120H. Do you have a photo of the wall where the board trails are? You put a photo of the top part of the board, I need a photo of the bottom part where the tracks are. I have the same one and mine burned and punctured the board where the 4 power transistors are connected. I really appreciate it if you can help me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the circuit board traces. I want to help you and would if it didn't require me to take my amp apart. Here are some schematics I hope can help

Comment

If the IC's are socket mounted it would be interesting to replace the 4558s with NE5532s or another more modern op-amp. I have read where people have replaced IC's on Peavey Classic and MusicMan hybrids with good results.

Comment

If you take a picture of the part under the sign where the trails are, I'll pay for your service and I really appreciate your help..
                Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                X