NCD (new cab day)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

You'd sure not like my older recto212 then lol.
    1. It only has a top handle but it's just the strap-style, so it would likely wear quick if being used a ton,,, easy to replace though.
    2. It has no casters or brackets for them,,,,,just the rubber feet.
    3. It's almost 70 pounds,,,, without a head on top.

Mine doesn't get moved often, so for me it's a plus (in premise anyways) for it to have all sides solid wood with no cutouts except for the jack-plate on back.
    The strap handles have never bothered me on heavy heads, but on a heavy and deep 212 it results in "side-pull" which will get them splitting over time.
    Yeah, I probably wouldn’t. Lol
    Luckily for me I decided to use my Marshall 1936 for gigs and leave the Port City at home.
    The Marshall has casters and is SOOO much lighter and easier. They both have the same speakers installed so tonally, they are very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

You'd sure not like my older recto212 then lol.
      1. It only has a top handle but it's just the strap-style, so it would likely wear quick if being used a ton,,, easy to replace though.
      2. It has no casters or brackets for them,,,,,just the rubber feet.
      3. It's almost 70 pounds,,,, without a head on top.

Mine doesn't get moved often, so for me it's a plus (in premise anyways) for it to have all sides solid wood with no cutouts except for the jack-plate on back.
      The strap handles have never bothered me on heavy heads, but on a heavy and deep 212 it results in "side-pull" which will get them splitting over time.
      Sounds close to the old Fender 2/12 I have it's about the same weight for sure! This cab sounds better than that Fender is about 30 lbs lighter and is more compact. That was the reason I snagged it and that it's the real matching cab for my Archon 50 head and the aesthetics was just a bonus.
      Last edited by Ascension; 12-26-2020, 09:57 AM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

It's crazy how much the price has went up over the last decade on new high-quality cabs, when the cab itself has basically not changed at all.

I won't say the price is going down on amps, especially high-quality tube amps, but we're really not doing so bad on amps considering the type of insanely adjustable highly complex circuits with ever-growing feature lists that are available for prices that really might be less than most of the old basic circuit standards were in their day. (I mean as a % of average income, like if avg income was 50 thousand and the amp was 2, it would be 4%)

Comment

Working...
        X