Hey Demanic! (Wheelhouses?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Demanic! (Wheelhouses?)

I didn't want to hijack the "High Gain" thread, but noticed that you said you use these in a 4x12 cab. I bought one for my 1x12 cab quite awhile ago, but haven't installed it yet. How would you characterize them? Do they do cleans well?

Part of the reason I haven't installed it yet is that it's a 150W speaker, and I probably play at 1 to 5 mostly. It would take me a lifetime to break it in and loosen it up.

I've never tried them but I recall Securb mentioning that he had some, not sure if it was in a 4x12 or 2x12. I have a Cannibis Rex that has the hemp cone but it's only 50 watts. I love it, so I can't imagine not liking a 150 watt version.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd love to try the Cannabis Rex too. This Wheelhouse might be killer in a custom iso-cab, where it could be "dimed."

Comment

The Wheelhouses are some of the best speakers I have ever used. They are designed to adapt to almost any kind of music. They are very sensitive and efficient. I have a 2x12 cab but would love a 1x12. Seeing they handle 150 watts that would be a super-powerful portable rig. Here is a review I did on the speaker.s

...and yes I used them for high - gain

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2017/71629/gui...parent-speaker
        Last edited by Securb; 01-01-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Nice review. I guess I have another project for next week. Time to get this baby installed.

And I went back and looked. Demanic was referring to you when he said Wheelhouses in a 4x12 cab.
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-01-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Mine broke in pretty quickly and at low volumes. I was living in the hotel when I got those speakers.

Comment

And then they evicted you?

I'll have mine installed before next week is over.

Comment

Working...
              X