banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Seismic Audio cabinets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Seismic Audio cabinets?

I need to buy, or build, a 1x12 cab. I ran across this website, and these are surprisingly inexpensive. I don't think I could even build one this cheap. Anyone have experience with these products?

Orange Modern style empty guitar cabinet. 1x12 guitar speaker cab without speakers. These orange tolex covered empty guitar cabinets with wheat grill are made of birch Plywood. Free Shipping.

Iirc they sell em dirt cheap on amazon unloaded.

Probably an attempt to diversify for a furniture factory that makes IKEA copies... or an own brand of somebody's OEM supplier for cheap speaker cabs.

They are mass produced MDF side cabinets unless said otherwise, made somewhere in Asia, so they only spend several dollars on assembly per unit. And materials are pretty cheap.

If anything, it is how they manage to ship em that surprises me
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

They say they're 1/2" birch plywood on all sides. I'll have to do more research.

Comment

I have a Luke 1x12. It is plywood, not MDF. The only critique I can give is that the speaker mounting t-posts are misaligned. I had to compromise a little to get my V30 to fit. Sounds great, looks great and holds up pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

-Greg

Guitars:
        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I have been looking at them for a while. The designs look sharp. I was looking at a 1×12 for my Peavey Classic 20. I would also appreciate any hands-on experience that anyone has had with these cabs. I am most concerned about construction and cabinet noise

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
            Iirc they sell em dirt cheap on amazon unloaded.

Probably an attempt to diversify for a furniture factory that makes IKEA copies... or an own brand of somebody's OEM supplier for cheap speaker cabs.

They are mass produced MDF side cabinets unless said otherwise, made somewhere in Asia, so they only spend several dollars on assembly per unit. And materials are pretty cheap.

If anything, it is how they manage to ship em that surprises me
            Captain Negative Misinformation
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Well maybe some are, some aren't

Their cheapo 4x12 is MDF sides ply baffle only
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

They look like Asian Avatar knockoffs. Not saying that is good or bad, just what it looks like.
                Last edited by devastone; 02-17-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
                  I have a Luke 1x12. It is plywood, not MDF.
                  Nice to know that is the cab I am looking at. Still, MDF doesn't matter to me one of my best-sounding cabs is MDF.

Comment

Good quality hi-fi speakers are often high density MDF, where you don't want the cab to resonate. I'm not sure how that equates to guitar cabs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      Good quality hi-fi speakers are often high density MDF, where you don't want the cab to resonate. I'm not sure how that equates to guitar cabs, though.
                      I would imagine less cabinet resonance would deliver a purer speaker tone. I would not say one was better than the other just different flavors and different options.

Comment

i wish they made a 2x10 guitar cab, im temped to get a 2x12 and make a new baffle

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          i wish they made a 2x10 guitar cab, im temped to get a 2x12 and make a new baffle
                          I thought about the same thing but with the 1x12 cab. The 10s would have to be offset though to fit on the baffle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

-Greg

Guitars:
                          2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                          2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                          2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                          Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            Hey Jeremy . . . they make several 2x10 "bass" cabinets. Doesn't it simply become a guitar cabinet if you install guitar speakers in it?

I just noticed, that for $170, they're "loaded." I suppose you could just ditch the preloaded speakers. Still not a bad price.
                            Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-19-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

yeah was looking for unloaded with certain cosmetics and ply. actually, i really want pine so ill probably just make them myself at some point as i have in the past but for short money and the fact that im lazy, it still could happen

Comment

Working...
                              X