New Marshall day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Ah, that makes some sense. I never play outdoors, and 100 watts in a small club just seems to get you yelled at a whole lot by the sound guy.
    The secret is to not use your clean boost during the sound check.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats on a great amp. i really came to like the dsl100, lots of great tones and a good feel. never loved the tsl models though

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Ah, that makes some sense. I never play outdoors, and 100 watts in a small club just seems to get you yelled at a whole lot by the sound guy.
      90% of the time im using a 20w amp or less for indoor gigs. having 35w, 45w, 50w, and 85w amps at the ready is really nice when you arent sure what you are getting into at a festival or outdoor gig. its one thing if you know the sound crew and what to expect but when going in blind, i always come prepared. hell, i always keep a crate powerblock (150w @ 8ohms) with me just in case.

there is something about a four big bottle amp that you cant really replicate in a smaller package. some would say the same about a 4x12 but i think a good oversized 2x12 can be almost as good

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Especially outside without a house pa. Add bodies in front and sound pressure levels drop off quickly.
        Yep, the tone gets very thin very quickly. If some guitar players could hear themselves from the back of the crowd at outdoor gigs I think they would shudder.

I have said it before. Have someone in your band (most likely your bass player) bang some chords on your guitar rig and go walk the room. The tone will change as the people fill up space but take 5-minutes and get a baseline.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

I yell back & turn it up.
          Yeah - because that always turns out well....
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X