Just Shipped My Amp For An Upgrade/Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Shipped My Amp For An Upgrade/Mods

I just shipped my '69 Fender Bandmaster Reverb head to Benjamin Fargen to upgrade with his' Hot Mods, change 2 prong to 3 prong power cord and any other issues that may need updating. The Hot Mod is blackfacing the reverb channel and converting the normal channel to ODS (Dumble style) Looking forward to hearing the results.

I wanna hear how this turns out. Those all seem like worthy upgrades. Expensive?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I wanna hear how this turns out. Those all seem like worthy upgrades. Expensive?
      Ben quoted me $395.

Comment

Well, I never had any amp mods done, so I have no idea what they would cost. But I am interested in the results compared to what it sounded like before.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

We might be within the last generation of guys that can and want to do this stuff. It's good that you are having it done while there is still some great modding guys out there.

Comment

nice! my 69 dsr had the reverb channel bf'd and i noticed a difference. not night and day but i like it better post mod for sure, and it sounded good before the mod. look forward to hearing your thoughts once its back

Comment

Ben just emailed a video of my finished amp and he thought it was good enough to include in his' online videos. I like it.

Last edited by Jeffblue; 03-28-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
                Ben just emailed a video of my finished amp and he thought it was good enough to include in his' online videos. I like it!https://youtu.be/M2CxJR2_RWQ
                That sounds fantastic

Comment

sounds good! know when youll get your hands on it?

Comment

That sounds amazing I would love to put my Morley Power Wah Boost in front of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      Hopefully he'll ship it soon. Sounds like he is enjoying playing my amp.

Comment

That’s going to be a fun amp!
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          Should be arriving tomorrow. I have an A/B switch that I need to make cables for. Looking forward to putting my amp back together.

Comment

nice. i use a radial twin cities ab switch so i can flip the phase of the normal channel and have either or both depending on what i want. works great! i also have a simple ab to just switch between channels and that works good to but its nice to have the both option since (on mine) they are voiced very differently

Comment

That sounded glorious...

Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X