What midi controller for my POD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What midi controller for my POD?

I'm looking for a footswitch for my POD 2.0 (not XT) and well, the standard 2 button is a bit limited, and the FBV4 with 4 buttons is expensive. The other big ass floorboards are just 100 pounds cheaper than an XT live so I won't even consider it. I'd need a decent, cheap-ish and simple midi controller that I can programme to use with the POD 2.0. Maybe 4 buttons so I can turn effects on and off and to scroll down banks. I'm not giving a price range as I'd like to know my options first.

Also, is a midi cable expensive? I'd need one for it right?
    So far there's the Behringer FBCV1000 or however it's called which is UBER complete and maybe just a bit overkill... and I have no idea how easy it'd be to programme. There's also the very simple Tech 21 midimouse.

Another question... On the pod manual there's a list at the back of midi references for each functions (bank 0 is midi 1, bank 2 is midi 2, something like this, up until 150 or so). When I get the controller, would I just need to input the proper values for the proper switches, plug in, and it'll work just like this?

Re: What midi controller for my POD?

I'm thjinking the Behringer is going to be your best bet... You should be able to plug-n-play as you suggested, and additionally program the pedals as Volume, Wah, or controllers for any other effect or parameter you want.

They can be had for less than $100 if you paruse Ebay.

And Midi Cables are not expensive.
    -Instrumentally challenged in St Louis

Comment

I probably indeed should do that. What bothers me is the physical size of the thing. I'd need something twice smaller to be realistic haha...

Comment

It covers a lot of area, but it isn;t thick or heavy... just takes up a lot of ground, i guess.

there are pedals that are smaller... most just have 10 buttons with no expression pedals... problem is they are also usually more expensive... but smaller. just seems counterintuitive to pay MORE for LESS...

Comment

I'd agree
          Is the Behringer floorboard easy to program? I had a look at the manual once, it didn't seem so hard, but eh if you have any experience with it

Comment

It was my first MIDI experience. I just sat down with the manuals for an hour or two and had a really good grasp on how to do things. The main part is understanding all of the midi vocabulary... the only slight problem with the FCB is that is only has a 2-digit LCD display, so programming can be a BIT cryptic at the beginning. But once you do it successfully once or twice, you get the hang of it.

Comment

+1 for the Behringer. Learn as much as you can about midi before you get it- understand the different types of messages, like program change, continuous control, and note on...learn how to read a midi implementation chart. learn how the POD uses midi to control not only amps, but effects. then join the FCB1010 Yahoo group. There are great FAQs on there- with the Behringer (like any midi device) you need the most recent software version for it to work right.
              Also, download the software editor for the FCB1010- it makes programming very easy.
              Take your time, and be patient. Once you master midi control of your POD, it is like a whole new world.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X