banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonal withdrawall! My Archon was damaged in the storm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonal withdrawall! My Archon was damaged in the storm!

When the tornado hit almost 2 weeks ago I had been working on some music and was playing through the Archon head. Son called me and told me to check weather so flipped the amp on standby and went to the TV and in the confusion it was not shut down. After the carnage it never came back up so is in the shop. I'm going through tonal withdrawal as the 2 boogies here just are NOT cutting it for me. Just hope she is not to badly wounded. :Likely got the power supply with a surge as all our utilities were being transformed into knotted masses wound in the trees that were falling on my house and in the street. You would know the only thing damaged electronic wise in the entire house we have found so far was THAT HEAD AUGG! Has made me break out the Zinky though love this little amp! Its also making me reevaluate the love hate relationship I have with Boogies. They have their place i guess but man do I miss those PRS tones!! Oh well still have the MT 15 at church so--.
    as a true awakening on how much a part of my current tone these amps have become! Took her over to my buddy Sam yesterday to get it on the bench and see what the carnage is.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Dang that sucks I hope you get your amp back soon. I dunno though maybe coming back to boogies could be inspiring in some way, but at least you have backups!

Comment

That sucks. Maybe you can take this time to work on your acoustic chops.

Comment

Man, multiple Mesa Boogies at your disposal and you aren't satisfied? You spoiled, son

Best of luck sorting through the damages. D@mn tornadoes. I get nervous every spring for my folks that live in Tornado Alley.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Man, that sucks. If I ever get another tube amp, I'm certainly looking at the PRS lineup. That Archon's are sweet amps. I believe Neal Schon has been using one in his rig for a while now.

As for Mesa Boogies, I don't care for them. I've tried to get along with them but could never dial in a tone that I like whenever I plugged in. Thankfully I've never spent a dime on one.

Comment

Love to know what actual damage was done. Hopefully insurance would take care of it?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Get a late 90's tremoverb and call me in the morning.

You'll be too tired to call because you RAWKed-it all night long.

Comment

1st world problem

it will get better soon

I dont want a PRS amp
                if its gonna make everything else suck
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                  Get a late 90's tremoverb and call me in the morning.

You'll be too tired to call because you RAWKed-it all night long.
                  so. damn. heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

so. damn. heavy.
                    Isn't the combo over 80lbs?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i dont know what it weights but it was more than my twin. the other guitar player in an old band had one and i had my evil twin. his felt noticeably heavier than mine which was 75-80lbs. mine was still louder though

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        i dont know what it weights but it was more than my twin. the other guitar player in an old band had one and i had my evil twin. his felt noticeably heavier than mine which was 75-80lbs. mine was still louder though
                        Did it go to 11 or did they just make 10 louder?

Comment

went to 12! wait... thats my old tweed stuff. although a bassman on 12 is a force to be reckoned with for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Love to know what actual damage was done. Hopefully insurance would take care of it?
                            So would I LOL I'm suddenly confused as sent it to a tec who is an old buddy and he calls me asking if I had the screen off and fuses out. Yep pulled the fuses and took a look reinstalled nothing pulled the fuses again checked all 3 with a meter test good reinstall nothing so take it over. He flips it on nothing checks the fuses resets them all and suddenly it works and he can find NOTHING so??
                            Been a weird 2 weeks here think I have entered the twilight zone. Its sounding great now but WHAA?
                            PS saw the first numbers from the storm damage here insurance just put out over $12.5 in TREE REMOVAL alone from the house driveway fences outbuilding ect ( that included the Crane rental). The amp is an aggravation but the rest of this is a real PITA! I'm just thankful big time we are still in one piece after that!
                            My first view out the back door after the storm was this! Still can't believe this house took a direct hit from 2 big hickory trees and what they say was a F 1 and stood! Many of my neighbors were NOT so lucky and thier houses got flattened!!
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Carnage here red car was across the street.
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X