banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the F 30 Boogie out today live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the F 30 Boogie out today live.

Several here asked about the little amp and how it was voiced right after i got it so here she is.. Been distracted by the Tornado hit and a couple other issues so took a while but finally pulled her out and swapped the PRS MT 15 for it last week at Church. Wanted some thing a little different and less the metal monster more a classic rock amp so in came the little F 30. REALLY like this little amp its very much like my Subway Rocket in feel and tone but has an absolute jaw dropping clean. Today's set didn't give me a chance to use it though. Here is a clip from this morning with my Washburn Silverado Strat running the Surfer II's. Really happy with this little rig!

Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

For reference this is the little Mesa Subway miced I own and have wanted a head that was similar in tone to go with it for a number of years think this little monster might just work out ! Need to pull the PRS Custom 24 out next week and record the combo to see how close it really is.

Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I can't help but picturing Slayer busting through the wall like Steven Tyler in the video for the Walk This Way remake with Run-DMC. lol
      They're getting too old to do that without risking injury.

Comment

Glad it sounded good. I still pine about the F30 that I couldn't afford back in college.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

"has an absolute jaw dropping clean." I've got the discontinued Express [ pre-eq model ] 5:25 with the V30. Seems I bought it for the crunch factor and over the years have gravitated to using the clean channel with a touch of boost. Yes, I agree with you, the cleans are that good.
          That is not dead which can eternal lie,
          And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
            "has an absolute jaw dropping clean." I've got the discontinued Express [ pre-eq model ] 5:25 with the V30. Seems I bought it for the crunch factor and over the years have gravitated to using the clean channel with a touch of boost. Yes, I agree with you, the cleans are that good.
            I totally missed this series when they were out. Cleans are just amazing and the crunch while is not a high gain amp are very usable. This amp is a tool I didn't know I needed for some of the things I do. It's making me adjust my playing but I'm really digging this little amp.
            Here is the low down from Mesa on these they were built 2003 to 2006 looks like.
            Guitars

Comment

Working...
            X