12" Alnico For my Fender Pro Jr....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Alnico For my Fender Pro Jr....

Hi all~ I recently took possession of an early generation PJ, that has undergone the basic Fromel cap upgrade, & is housed in a nice tweed Tonedog Pro 'Senior'1x12 combo w/a beastly Weber 12F-B ceramic 50w speaker. Nice speaker if I plan to use it with a 30+w amp, but where talking a 12-15w? PJ here, & I typically like Alnicos in my low powered amps,,, i like to drive my amps pretty hard w/o any OD pedals, rolling the Vol down when warranted!! What initially comes to mind is an Avatar A25, Celestion Blue,... Any firsthand exp'hear'iences with any of these, & what may be better suited for the bigger bodied Pro Senior combo cab? Thanks in advance for all your thoughts, please don't toss out all different options as I'm having enough choices as it is... Stay well & be well all!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210427-212314_Gallery.jpg Views:	16 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	6076913
    Last edited by zozoe; 04-27-2021, 07:46 PM.

I have an older Pro Jr (also Tweed) and have some sort of Blue back weber in it...I think it sounds great. Had the amp since the 90's. Don't even remember...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Jensen thinks they have a comparison

EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

i love the celestion blue but i wouldnt risk a $280 15w speaker in a 15w amp. i blew a g12h30 with a 22w deluxe reverb. what kind of tone do you want? a weber 12a150t is a fantastic speaker and available in 25w power rating. the 12a150 is a little fatter sounding at low volumes and breaks up differently when pushed. both are fantastic fendery speakers. a 30w silver bell would be a more marshally option. hemp cones are great if you want a darker/smokier high end.

i have a p10q and its a decent speaker. the webers ive tried and currently own are significantly better.

Comment

Weber 12A150 like jeremy said, comes in 25w and 50w versions, or the Weber 12A125 comes in 20w and 30w versions. The 150 is based on the Jensen P12N and the 125 is based on the P12Q. Both speakers have multiple variations available that mostly look like different cone materials, so you'd have to go to Weber's website and try to determine which one you think is best.
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Well, I s'pose I'd want to throw more focus to my newly found appreciation for lovely Strat tones, but also a speaker that won't buckle when hitting power chords (no HM or Death).
            Just open sounding & capable of not going mush when I crank my mostly low-powered, but cool as hell amps. ALSO, smoothed or ribbed general differences?
            Many thanks~
            Last edited by zozoe; 04-29-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I'm following this thread...

...as I've been considering swapping the speaker in my Blackstar HT-20mkII .

(considering a Weber, alnico magnet, hemp cone, lower wattage).

thanks!

-Erl
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
              X