nicest sounding clean tube amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicest sounding clean tube amp?

Fellas, which tube amp do you thing has the nicest clean sound when using PAF (e.g SL, 59) type pickups on a Les Paul type guitar. And, I would prefer the amp to have one channel only - clean.

Thanks.
    Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
    Victoria Victorilux 3X10
    Klon Centaur OD pedal
    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo Series I
    TS 808 pedal
    Lowden O32

Re: nicest sounding clean tube amp?

Well, it's not "pristine crystal clean", but my new Celtic Edana is pretty god-derned nice!!!

So is the little 20w Fuchs ODS-20 I've got........so's the Mesa Boogie Blue Angel......

Look to the Fenders & Matchless for pure clean....I prefer a tad bit'o'dirt in there

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

So the Celtic amps are nice?

Can you tell me more about the Blue Angel?

I think I moving towards a clean only amp and use a TS808 when I want dirt.

Thanks for your comments.
      Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
      Victoria Victorilux 3X10
      Klon Centaur OD pedal
      TS 808 pedal
      Lowden O32

Comment

Are you looking for early 80s Roland clean or something more like an old Fender played loud, where there *is* some distorting of the sound, but it doesn't sound at all dirty or gritty, just fuller and rounder and glassier?
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

"Are you looking for early 80s Roland clean or something more like an old Fender played loud, where there *is* some distorting of the sound, but it doesn't sound at all dirty or gritty, just fuller and rounder and glassier?"

I'm looking for the 2nd thing you said, just fuller/rounder/glassier.

Thanks
          Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
          Victoria Victorilux 3X10
          Klon Centaur OD pedal
          TS 808 pedal
          Lowden O32

Comment

I use a fender 65 super reverb reisue and although its to damn bright with single coils(i prefer a deluxe with traditional strats) its perfect for humbuckers. Just make sure u get a warantee because some have to be repaired ALOT
            Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
            The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

"I use a fender 65 super reverb reisue and although its to damn bright with single coils(i prefer a deluxe with traditional strats) its perfect for humbuckers. Just make sure u get a warantee because because some have to be repaired a quite a bit of times"

Yeah, I hear fenders these days are not made real well, but they sure do sound nice.
              Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
              Victoria Victorilux 3X10
              Klon Centaur OD pedal
              TS 808 pedal
              Lowden O32

Comment

The Deluxe Reverb is pretty hard to beat as far as clean. What kind of volume are you looking for? If you are looking for Loud and clean, the Twin is another one to look at. But then budget comes into play here DRRI new run about $800, the Twin is over $2000.
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

As You Go, use the "Quote" button on the lower right corner of the post that you want to quote. That way you don't have to use "quotes" and copy/paste.

Fender is the classic option for great clean tone and for use with a TS.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Medium size venues - 500 people. So not real big volume.
                    Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
                    Victoria Victorilux 3X10
                    Klon Centaur OD pedal
                    TS 808 pedal
                    Lowden O32

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside
                      As You Go, use the "Quote" button on the lower right corner of the post that you want to quote. That way you don't have to use "quotes" and copy/paste.

Fender is the classic option for great clean tone and for use with a TS.

Go it, thanks.

Fender and a TS go together, I have heard that from many folks. Do you trust the guality of today's fender amps?
                      Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
                      Victoria Victorilux 3X10
                      Klon Centaur OD pedal
                      TS 808 pedal
                      Lowden O32

Comment

Welcome to the forum, bro. Enjoy your stay.

*cues Forum Theme Song*
                        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I think the Hot Rod series from Fender represents pretty serious bang for buck, but I know plenty of other people who feel that they simply pale in comparison to older models. Still, worth trying one out since they're pretty readily avaialable in every market. If you hate it, you hate it. But you mihgt not.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by As You Go
                            Go it, thanks.

Fender and a TS go together, I have heard that from many folks. Do you trust the guality of today's fender amps?
                            I don't know, I've got a Mesa.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'd say the Koch Multitone 2x12 combo. Preferably one with 6L6 powertubes, though most have EL34's. Really warm, dynamic and responsive with tons of clarity. I love those amps. It's a three-channel though - with the crunch and lead channels going anywhere from a slight edgy clean tone to over the top - but these amps truly shine clean and with that little edge!
                              Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                              Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Working...
                              X