anyone ever build your own rack case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever build your own rack case?

the time is coming for me to begin collecting items to build my rack, and of course i'll need a case for it all. my plan is to use a case that holds a head in the bottom (my dual rec) and has a 6 space rack above that. in the rack will be a marshall jmp-1 (1U), mesa 20/20 (1U), power conditioner (1U), and tuner (1U). the two leftover spaces will leave room for the 20/20 to breathe, and in case i want to add something later.

for $209, these guys go on ebay

after visiting partsexpress.com, it occured to me that i would save around $100 to just buy the materials and build it myself. but would it be tough to build it as sturdy as these cases come? i will be taking it on the road, but thene again it doesn't seem like there should be any problems as long as the measurements are correct and everything fits properly, and as long as all the joints are reinforced.

what do you guys think?
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Re: anyone ever build your own rack case?

bump

merry christmas everyone!
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Comment

Working...
    X