Warehouse speakers/Super Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse speakers/Super Reverb

Anybody put Warehouse Veteran 10 speakers in a Super Reverb?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Not a Super but have a WGS ET 10 in my Boogie Subway Rocket. Highly recommend the ET 10 just a wicked good sounding 10!! Am not a fan of WGS Vet 30 12 found them to be dull and lifeless, Have a couple ET 65's and Retro 30's and really like those though.
    Here is the little Subway miced running the ET 10 and no effects. It consistently blows sound mens minds with how good it sounds!

Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

That does sound good.

Is your Mesa inherently bright? The issue with my Super is it’s really tough to dial in just enough bass and treble. My CE24 sounds awesome right now, but the single coil 305 is an ice pick. I think if I nuked some of the highs, it would help.

Not to mention, the speakers are almost 50 years old, and I need to get it up to around 7 to get the drive going.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The Subway is a pretty well balanced amp tone wise. The ET is a pretty smooth and fat sounding speaker has a really even response and also sounds really nice clean. The WGS ET 10 is one of my all time favorite 10's I have ever used in a open back cab. Ran a 65 Black faced Super for a while and have had a number of Prosonic combos with 10's. REALLY like this particular speaker for an open back combo!
        Here is the little Subway with the ET 10 unmiced doing a little clean country style thing for a Christmas thing at my church. Song was unrehersed and I overplayed a little so---.

Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

From the same event crunch channel unmiced recorded off the builtin mics on my Zoom Q3 HD running notihng but a little verb in the loop. This is the Subway with the ET 10 and my old Koa Carvin DC 127. These clips show the true tones f this amp speaker combo in the room. Its a really good sounding little tiny beast!

Guitars

Comment

WGS are great speakers,... terrible name. -My guess is a veteran 10 kills in a Super Rev
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

One of the guys at WGS said the Vet 10 is always his first recommendation for a Super, but said the Green Beret gives it a bit of British flavor. Vets are half the price, so I’m starting there.

Comment

Working...
              X